May 8, 2013

Waiting On: Parallel by Lauren Miller (23)

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly feature hosted by Breaking the Spine

Title: Parallel
Author: Lauren Miller
Release Date: May 14th 2013
Publisher:
HarperTeen
Abby Barnes had a plan. The Plan. She'd go to Northwestern, major in journalism, and land a job at a national newspaper, all before she turned twenty-two. But one tiny choice—taking a drama class her senior year of high school—changed all that. Now, on the eve of her eighteenth birthday, Abby is stuck on a Hollywood movie set, miles from where she wants to be, wishing she could rewind her life. The next morning, she's in a dorm room at Yale, with no memory of how she got there. Overnight, it's as if her past has been rewritten.

With the help of Caitlin, her science-savvy BFF, Abby discovers that this new reality is the result of a cosmic collision of parallel universes that has Abby living an alternate version of her life. And not only that: Abby's life changes every time her parallel self makes a new choice. Meanwhile, her parallel is living out Abby's senior year of high school and falling for someone Abby's never even met.

As she struggles to navigate her ever-shifting existence, forced to live out the consequences of a path she didn't choose, Abby must let go of the Plan and learn to focus on the present, without losing sight of who she is, the boy who might just be her soul mate, and the destiny that's finally within reach.

[Summary Source: Goodreads]
This is so Sliding Doors and my heart and soul need it so much I don't even know what to do with myself. I LOVE books like this so much, so you all better BELIEVE I shall be pouncing all over this one the minute it comes out next week.


Do you guys love Sliding Doors like I do? No? Excited anyway? Tell me all about it in the comments below!

13 comments:

  1. I can't wait to check this one out..love the parallel universe stories! Ah, I love Sliding Doors!! :D Great pick.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES SLIDING DOOR. I love. Thanks Becky! ^_^

      Delete
  2. Great pick this week! This is actually my pick as well. It sounds really amazing & I love the cover. :)

    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Suuuuch a pretty cover! Glad you're excited as well! ^_^

      Delete
  3. Gaby! This one is SO SO SO SO goooooood. :D I can't wait for you to read it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. UGH I WANT IT. But I always want. So.... yeah. I have problems.

      Delete
  4. I just started this one last night. I like it so far. Love Sliding Doors! I've seen that movie so many times. Did you read Pivot Point? That has a similar premise, too. Great pick!
    Natflix&Books' WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm starting Pivot Point SOON. There's a couple of books like this coming out this year and I just love it. LOVE IT. Glad to hear you've already picked this one up!

      Delete
  5. Cover of awesome! Happy to have discovered your blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the cover's awesome too! And I'm ALSO happy you've discovered my blog!

      Delete
  6. Parallel universe & alternate version! I love this new 'trend'

    Mel@thedailyprophecy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I SO love the trend too! Keep 'em coming ^_^

      Delete
  7. I hope I enjoy too!!!!! Thanks for stopping by, Dani!

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog. I would love to hear your thoughts, so please leave a comment. Also, if you have a blog, be sure to leave a link so I can go check it out!