May 23, 2014

WUT? - A Reader's Appreciation Post

Fact: I don't like coffee. I just like saying Coffee Clutch in my best and deepest New York accent. Considering I'm a New Yorker, I'm pretty freaking good at it. So I've got my tea and I hope you have your heated beverage of choice, because it's time to gab the day away.

So, recently I've been getting these comments on my reviews/responses to my tweets about books I'm obsessed with. They say things like "Oh, you loved this book? I trust your recommendations. I'll move that one to the top of my TBR."

To this I say:

When I started this blog, I did it for me. I wanted a place to talk about books and television and other things I care about. I also wanted to join the blogging community and make some friends (you guys are great I love so much it's kind of sickening - big hugs especially to the people I'll be seeing at BEA next week). But I never thought people would read my words and let them affect their lives.

To this having my words affect lives, I say: 


Also: 


Because I'm not really sure that you're all sure. But actually, when people started telling me they'd read things because of me, I kind of freaked out. And then I started feeling really good about my life choices. And then I realized maybe I'm kind of a legit person with legit thoughts who happens to have a blog that people think of as legitimate.

Which made me realize: 


But it also made me realize:


And I don't even mean that last one sarcastically. 

Basically: Thanks to all my readers for coming back and actually paying attention to me. You're all the nicest. My little corner of the internet would be much more depressing and lonely without you. If I could send you all books and cookies, I would. I really, really would. 

PS: If I love a book and you read it because of me but then you hate it, please don't also hate me I love you so much and that'd be really sad. But DO feel welcome to tell  me you didn't like it and then we can have an intelligent conversation about a book and it'll be glorious.