The Bout of Books read-a-thon is organized by Amanda @ On a Book Bender and Kelly @ Reading the Paranormal. It is a week long read-a-thon that begins 12:01am Monday, May 13th and runs through Sunday, May 19th in whatever time zone you are in. Bout of Books is low-pressure, and the only reading competition is between you and your usual number of books read in a week. There are challenges, giveaways, and a grand prize, but all of these are completely optional. For all Bout of Books 7.0 information and updates, be sure to visit the Bout of Books blog. - From the Bout of Books team
Iiiiiit's wrap up time! I've been crazy busy otherwise this would have been up a while ago, but here's how my week stacked up.
- I read 3 and 1/4 a book in total. This means I finished two books that I'd started BEFORE Bout of Books. Then I read two whole books throughout the week and started a fifth book before the end of the week. So really I read from 5 different books, but all the pages and halves and quarters added up, I read 3 and 1/4 books. Which is just a bit more than I intended to read, so HURRAH! Oh, AND I listened to 4 disc of an audio book. Here's a list of what I read:
- In the Hands of the Goddess by Tamora Pierce
- Defiance by C.J. Redwine
- Sloppy Firsts by Megan McCafferty
- Meant to Be by Lauren Morrill
- Through the Ever Night by Veronica Rossi
- Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Claire [Audiobook]
- I participated in the first Twitter chat on Monday. IT WAS SO FUN. So fun.
- I think I made a few new friends during the Twitter chat? I wasn't as around as I'd normally want to be, but I knew that's how this week would turn out.
- Resummarize a Cover hosted by ME
As always, I was SO CLOSE to my goal but, obviously I didn't quite make it. I tried really hard and I'm impressed that I filled my book quota since I was SO BUSY and suddenly a little sick this past week. I think the reason I didn't get through all of the challenges is because I forgot I wanted to do two - I think I thought I only wanted to do one. Although, either way, I'm crazy lame for letting that one challenge I thought I wanted to do be the challenge I hosted. Either way, I hope you guys all had fun with it.
I think my favorite part, as always, was the Twitter chat. I just love talking to other bloggers about books. But also about other things. I love learning that I have other things in common with ALL OF THE BLOGGERS. Especially the Doctor Who connections. Those are the best.
Anyway, a million trillion thanks to Amanda and Kelly. You guys are the absolute loveliest and I'm so happy I could take part in Bout of Books YET AGAIN. I cannot wait for the next one.
To read my original goals post, click HERE.
To read my progress report post, click HERE.
Are you guys already pining for the next Bout of Books? I know I am!!! Please share your read-a-thon feels in the comments below and I'll see you all next time!