May 21, 2013

Top Ten Favorite Book Covers of Books I've Read (23)


Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by The Broke and the Bookish
Top Ten Favorite Book Covers of Books I've Read is a toughie for me. A TOUGHIE. I like lots of covers - a lot of times the covers I like are attached to books I haven't read yet. I can't tell if this is because I LOVE ART (cover or otherwise) or if I just like pretty things (BECAUSE WHO DOESN'T!). But let's see what I can do with the books I have read.


1. Graceling by Kristin Cashore
I pretty much love everything about this cover. It's shiny, it's bright, it's attractive, it's busy without being busy... I don't even think all of that made sense, I'm just all in all super pleased about the whole thing. Oh, and the inside definitely matches the outside fantastic-ness, so there's that too!

2. My Life Next Door by Huntley Fitzpatrick
Yet another book where the insides match the outsides. I love books like that. The cover is wonderful and dreamy and romantic and so are the words on the pages in the books. And who doesn't love a summer romance?

3. Etiquette and Espionage by Gail Carrgier
The purple in the background makes me so giddy I could jump up and down about it, but then the girl in front of that background just sets me over. Such a stunning cover for such a wonderful steampunk novel. And you guys know how much I love steampunk, right?

4. Scarlet by Marissa Meyer
I think my favorite part of this book jacket is how awesome it looks next to Cinder. Both books have stuuuuunning covers but the red cape with the fluidity against the black pretty much takes the cake for me. I really can't wait for Cress and Winter to come - not just because I'm DYING to read them but because I CANNOT WAIT to see the full set together on my shelf. 

5. Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo
I'm pretty sure every book on this list's cover matches the inside. I suppose that's a very important qualification (y'know, in addition to pretty cover-ness). But this cover is just gorgeous. GORGEOUS I TELL YOU. I could drool over it all day. I also really love the Siege & Storm cover but I haven't had the pleasure of reading that one yet, so... *sad face* At least I got to mention it in passing!


6. This is What Happy Looks Like by Jennifer E. Smith
Guys, I love yellow. It's probably one of my favorite colors of all time. So the color choice for the cover probably made me 10 times more likely to pick up this book - even though I think I would have done so anyway since the plot is pretty awesome. But yeah, I love how simple and happy this cover is. For me, it kind of IS what happy looks like!

7. Meant to Be by Lauren Morrill
I AM SO HAPPY I READ THIS BOOK IN TIME TO PUT IT ON THIS LIST. I might have done this a little intentionally, but not totally. Either way, I love the colors, I love the faded background scenery, I love the couple next to the title... I just love. 

8. Hunger by Jackie Morse Kessler
The covers for this entire series are so amazingly kick ass I don't even know how to handle it. I mean, I love this series for SOSOSOSOSO many reasons, but the covers make them so attractive I couldn't help but pick them up! And y'know, I have a hard time with issue books. I sometimes shy away from them because they make me a little nervous. But these... well, there was no question I HAD to read - partially based on the summaries, but also because of the covers!

9. The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater
That raven is possibly the most stunning raven on the planet. There. I said it. And that raven plus everything else about this cover (including the name of the author) pretty much just screamed BUY ME. So I did. ^_^

10. Wither by Lauren DeStefano
Not only does the gorgeous cover on this book match the contents of the book, but it also matches Lauren DeStefano's stunning prose. I think what's ALSO great about this one is that I really love the different aspects of the cover and then all pulled together I just love EVEN MORE. Ugh. I don't even think I'm making sense anymore. Whatever, this cover is perfectly creepy and elegant and just wonderful, okay?

I definitely stopped making sense here long before I got to the last item on this list, but I hope you now understand how much I appreciate PRETTY THINGS. Do you guys love these covers to? What other covers do you think I should covet - whether I've read the books or not? Let me know in the comments below! 

26 comments:

  1. YES SO MUCH PRETTY I almost put Meant to Be, My Life Next Door, and Graceling on my list as well, because pretttttty. I love the Etiquette and Espionage cover, but I couldn't list it because I haven't read it! My God, Hunger is gorgeous. And so is Wither. And I didn't even think to put This Is What Happy Looks Like! You're brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm brilliant? YOU'RE BRILLIANT. Brilliance all aroooouuunnnnd!

      Delete
  2. Ooooh Graceling and Scarlet I love!!! OH and The Raven Boys! I love those dark colors against the white...so intense!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The dark on the white really is amazing, isn't it?! I love SO MUCH.

      Delete
  3. The Scarlet cover is so cool, I love the red cape! I agree, I'm so excited to read Cress and Winter but I'm also excited to have all four books so I can stare at all of the awesome covers together! :) My TTT list: http://aliceinreaderland.com/2013/05/20/bookcovers/

    Alice @ Alice in Readerland

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ugh. I just want them all lined up somewhere prominent on my bookshelf. ASAP. *daydreams of the day*

      Delete
  4. Gah, Shadow and Bone is on soooo many lists - and it would've made mine too, if I'd read it. So pretty. I seriously love the Raven Boys cover, too; I can't believe I left that one off my list. =S Great picks!!

    My Top Ten

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. UGH READ SHADOW AND BONE NOOOOOWWWWWWWWW. Please? You should. You'd really be doing yourself a favor ;-)

      Delete
  5. oh raven boys just barely didn't make my cut but I did include shadow and bone :)

    My Top Ten

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. GLAD TO HEAR SHADOW AND BONE MADE IT! But sad about Raven Boys :(

      Delete
  6. Oooh yes to The Raven Boys - I love how the white is slightly pearlescent in real life, and the sweeping motion of the feathers. I didn't put it on my list, but I did have Scorpio Races, which is also beautiful, and slightly more simple. My Life Next Door is such a cute cover, and I love the colours of Meant to Be but not so much the actual couple on it...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love a lot of these but Meant to Be, This is What Happy Looks Like, and My Life Next Door are my favorites of the ones you have chosen. And they are all contemporaries. INTERESTING. :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm not familiar with Hunger, but what a lovely striking cover!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I picked Wither too.

    Great choices.

    OUaT's TTT

    ReplyDelete
  10. I definitely agree with Hunger, and My Life Next Door is gorgeous!

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  11. The cover for Graceling is awesome! I love the color choices, too. And that sword thing is awesome. And then the eye, too! Such a great cover.

    And I'm so with you on Cress and Winter. I can't wait to read them, but I also can't wait to have the complete set looking totally awesome on my shelves. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I haven't read Meant to Be or Hunger, but I love both of those covers! Also, I totally agree - The Raven Boys raven is stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Scarlet's cover was great but I liked Cinder's more. And the rest of the books are still on my TBR :)

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such beautiful covers! I really like the Cinder and Scarlet covers. I have Etiquette and Espionage and I agree, the cover is beautiful. Like you, I have many covers I adore of books that I haven't read yet!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Nice choices! Love The Raven Boys, My Life Next Door and Scarlet too:)

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  16. Argh, how could I forget about Shadow and Bone!? I actually really like the UK version with the dress, but they are both rocking!

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love the covers for This is what Happy and My Life Next Door. They are so cute. Great list!
    Natflix&Books' TTT

    ReplyDelete
  18. Meant to Be's cover is just so FUN! Shadow and Bone is a popular choice today and with good reason. Love it so much. I love how artistic the cover for The Raven Boys is, the texture is interesting. Etiquette & Espionage has a really fun cover too.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wither! I'm smacking myself for leaving that one off of my Top 10. I love that cover so much!
    I had The Raven Boys on my list too.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love Shadow and Bone so so so so much. Like you, I wish I'd already read Siege and Storm so I could have added it to this list. And I think that Scarlet is one of my favorite covers for the exact reason you mentioned: it looks sooo pretty next to Cinder.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Is it silly that it makes me EXTREMELY happy that I've read 7 out of 10 books on your list? I do agree that they all have fantastic covers though! My favorite is probably Shadow and Bone, followed extremely closely by Scarlet, then Graceling.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog. I would love to hear your thoughts, so please leave a comment. Also, if you have a blog, be sure to leave a link so I can go check it out!