March 11, 2014

Top Ten Favorite Sarah Dessen Books (47)

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by The Broke and the Bookish
Okay, so, I'm cheating this week for a bunch of reasons:

1. The actual topic is "Top Ten All Time Favorite Books in X Genre (you pick the genre!)" but that's just too hard, I can't and won't do it.

2. There are actually 11 Sarah Dessen books but I haven't read The Moon and More yet because I heard a lot of things about it right around pub date and I can't have my Dessen read colored by anyone else's thoughts. So I was waiting a bit until other people's thoughts have left my brain a bit... and then summer ended and there's a beach on the cover so now I have to wait until at least May to read. 

3. So Sarah Dessen only has TEN books for me to put on my TOP TEN list. Which doesn't quite work re: the idea behind these posts and the actual title of the post (as in, the title of this post really makes no sense, this is really just a Sarah Dessen Appreciation Post). But, for this list, I've put the books in order of how much I love them - which is a big deal since I never rank my Top Ten Tuesday picks. Basically: Ta...da?

4. In reality, my love for the first 3 books on this list is pretty equal. I only put This Lullaby first because it was my first and I can still remember Little Gaby squealing joyously on this very bed that I sit on now as she read.

WARNING:

**Please do not take this list as an order in which to read Sarah Dessen books. I strongly believe Sarah Dessen books should be read in order of pub date because there are reference to early books in the later ones and I can't explain how much you die every time you spot one (or, I die every time I spot one). If you don't intend to read 11 books, you should read the summaries and pick the ones that make you smile most/feel all of the feels. Because that's basically how I've ranked these.**











So, what do you think of my cheating list that cheats? Do you agree? Maybe you'd like to rearrange some of this. Let me know what you're thinking in the comments below!