May 1, 2013

Waiting On: Siege and Storm by Leigh Bardugo (22)








Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly feature hosted by Breaking the Spine

Title: Siege & Storm (The Grisha #2)
Author: Leigh Bardugo
Release Date: June 4th, 2013
Publisher: Henry Holt and Co.
Hunted across the True Sea, haunted by the lives she took on the Fold, Alina must try to make a life with Mal in an unfamiliar land, all while keeping her identity as the Sun Summoner a secret. But she can’t outrun her past or her destiny for long.
The Darkling has emerged from the Shadow Fold with a terrifying new power and a dangerous plan that will test the very boundaries of the natural world. With the help of a notorious privateer, Alina returns to the country she abandoned, determined to fight the forces gathering against Ravka. But as her power grows, Alina slips deeper into the Darkling’s game of forbidden magic, and farther away from Mal. Somehow, she will have to choose between her country, her power, and the love she always thought would guide her–or risk losing everything to the oncoming storm.

[Summary Source: Goodreads]
ASJIUFHEKNAKJJQWLKDJ *and other assorted, aggressive keyboard slamming*

I am SO JEALOUS of everyone who's already had the privilege of reading an ARC of this one - they've been really good about making me jealous too, what with all the gushing tweets! I CANNOT WAIT until June 4th when I will SPRINT to the nearest bookstore and snag myself a copy. Then I will go to the signing in NYC on June 18th and babble incoherently at Leigh Bardugo and hope she thinks I'm cute/endearing instead of completely out of my mind. Leigh, this is your official warning, whether you read this or not.

I'm EXCITED for this one. Are you? Talk to me about your feels for the second book in this series in the comments below! Oh, and be sure to share what book YOU'RE excited for, would you?

24 comments:

  1. DEFINITELY waiting on this as well :-)

    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good choice! Hope you enjoy.
    Cricket @ Little Library Muse
    My Wow

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG THIS BOOK. I NEED IT NOWWWWW. I pre-ordered it so hopefully it will get here in time and then I will keyboard slam to you!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'M SO EXCITED TO KEYBOARD SLAM WITH YOU OVER THIS ONE!

      Delete
  4. I still haven't read book 1 and i so want to! I'm sure it's an epic read :)

    MY WOW

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've heard so many great things about this series, but I'm a bit hesitant to buy the first book and start it. The series does look awesome though! :D
    Thanks for spotlighting this book. ^.^
    Happy Reading! :D

    -----
    Tiffa @ The British Book Nerd
    My Waiting On Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You DEFINITELY pick up Shadow & Bone. So good - DON'T hesitate!

      Delete
  6. Why have I not read the first one yet? I have no good excuse because I even have an ARC of the first one that someone gave me forever ago. I really need to get on that.
    Deidra @ Simply Books.
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  7. I AM SUPER EXCITED TO READ THIS BOOK. And even more excited to go to the June 18 event and meet Leigh Bardugo and FLAIL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are going to squeal and fangirl and it's gonna be cray. I AM SO EXCITED.

      Delete
  8. Believe me when I tell you that Siege and Storm is AMAZING AND PHENOMENAL AND BRILLIANT AND WONDERFUL IN EVERY WAY POSSIBLE. It's my favorite book of 2013, and gosh, it was SO GOOD. Even better than Shadow and Bone! I hope you love it too!

    -Brad @ BookYAReview
    My WoW

    (new follower, by the way!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YOU ARE MAKING ME EVEN MORE EXCITED. I didn't know that was possible. >.<

      Thanks for stopping by AND for following!! ^_^

      Delete
  9. I loved the first book, so I'm really super excited for this one to release! I'm half hoping that May will fly by so I can get my hands on a copy of it sooner, haha. Great pick!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. May WILL fly by and then we will have this pretty. *pets future pretty book*

      Delete
  10. I really need to pick up the first book! It always freaks me out when a book is so popular!! It's so intimidating! Great Pick!
    Here's my WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It totally is really intimidating but I think it's worth the risk. Not everyone's going to like every book, but it's worth it to try!

      Delete
  11. I can't wait to get hold of this one as well, I loooved the first book!

    A nice pick! My WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. RIGHT?! I loved the first one. I really want this one >.<

      Delete
  12. I'm reading it now, and it is AMAZING! Good choice! :)

    - Jana @ That Artsy Reader Girl

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog. I would love to hear your thoughts, so please leave a comment. Also, if you have a blog, be sure to leave a link so I can go check it out!