May 28, 2013

Top Ten Favorite Siblings (24)

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by The Broke and the Bookish
I thought about this A LOT and realized there are tons of siblings in a lot of the books I read. Some are related to the protagonist, others are a pair/group of siblings in a story. Either way, these relationships play seriously awesome roles in my books so here's a list of my favorites.

1. Thom & Alanna of Trebond from Tamora Pierce's The Song of the Lioness Series
This entire series would not have taken place if not for Thom. Like, Alanna would have NEVER gone to the palace to become a knight if he hadn't agreed to swap places with her. So, thanks Thom, because without you I would have no lady knight role model.

2. The Weasley Brood from J.K. Rowling's Harry Potter
Okay, we ALL know I have a lot of problems with the way this series ended, but I will say the bonds between this set of children is wonderful. Even when they fight they still love each other and I can't get enough of that. Obviously my favorite of the lot are Fred and George, so you can all understand why I'm crying right now.

3. The Garrett Kids from My Life Next Door by Huntley Fitzpatrick
Even Sam know how great this family is. I love how they all take care of each other. It's just so sweet. I would definitely want to be apart of that myself.

4. Narnie and Webb from Jellicoe Road by Melina Marchetta
We don't see a lot of these two together in the books but you could just TELL how much they loved each other from the way Narnie takes care of her brother's daughter. Not to mention Hannah totally makes it clear how much she loved her brother, so yeah. Definitely a pair of siblings worthy of this list.

5. Katniss and Prim from Suzanne Collins' The Hunger Games Series
I feel the need to cry big time when I think of this sibling relationship. 

Katniss.
Me.
6. Mia and Teddy Hall from If I Stay/Where She Went by Gayle Forman
OKAY I KNOW we really don't see much of Teddy at all, but the way Mia reacts to what happens to him is so gut wrenching. She loved him SO MUCH and I just can't. 


7. Rhine and Rowan from Lauren DeStefano's The Chemical Garden Trilogy
One of the major plots for this series is Rhine's drive to get back to her brother, Rowan. She misses him so much she'd basically move heaven and earth to get back to him. And yo, their reunion (because, please, that was gonna happen) is amazingly emotional.

8. Adam and James from Tahereh Mafi's Shatter Me Series
How much did you all freak out when you found out about James? I know I did. I love their brotherly bond. And I love James in general. Every time I talk about this series I tell everyone that if anything bad happens to James I will never forgive Tahereh Mafi. So. Y'know. What yo' self Tahereh Mafi.

9. Noah, Jacob and Tyler from Pushing the Limits by Katie McGarry
THE THINGS NOAH WILL DO FOR HIS BROTHERS. Ugh. That whole situation totally broke my heart. I love the three of those boys so much and I want ONLY GOOD THINGS for them. 

10. The McGowan Boys from Megan Meade's Guide to the McGowan Boys by Kate Brian
It appears as though I really like broods of boys (see: Weasley Boys at the top of this list). This book's an oldie that I enjoy re-reading whenever I need a bit of fun and these boys, despite all their absurdities and arguments, never fail to bring the fun. Oh, and they really care about each other, which is NICE.

**BONUS**
11. Perry and Talon from Veronica Rossi's Under the Never Sky Series
Okay, technically Talon is Perry's nephew but I'm sorry. They relationship is amazing - way better than Perry's relationship with his brother, Vale - and I couldn't help but throw it in here. 

Can you guys think of any other sibling relationships you adore? Let me know in the comments below!

18 comments:

  1. OH MY GOD I love this topic. I lovvvve good sibling stories/relationships, and I agree with every single one on this list. OBVIOUSLY Thom and Alanna, and all the Weasleys (yes, even Percy, also don't talk about Fred and George because guh). The Garretts! I loooved the Garretts. And OMG don't talk about Katniss and Prim or Teddy and Mia anymore. I cannot handle all that pain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, these are amazing!!! Where do I start?! Noah and his brothers?! I die...I die because they are so beautiful together! Katniss and Prim...obvi. Love love LOVE!! Adam and James..*tear* SO ADOR! Same for Perry and Talon! Mia and Teddy...I might start crying right now... Ah, I love this idea!! So great Gaby!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh oh oh I love your list! Teddy and Mia, Adam and James. So good!

    My Top Ten

    ReplyDelete
  4. KATNISS and PRIM! <3 Fun topic! :) My TTT is Fictional Places I’d Love to Vacation: http://aliceinreaderland.com/2013/05/27/vacation/


    Alice @ Alice in Readerland

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great topic! And seriously, the Weasley kids are the best.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, what a sweet topic! I love it! Yes, Katniss and Prim are very tear-inducing. And NOAH AND HIS BROTHERS. Oh, my heart. And Perry and Talon are adorable. LOVE your list!

    - Jana @ That Artsy Reader Girl (And The Broke and the Bookish). Visit my Top Ten Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. 1000 times YES to the Weasley kids! And I love the way they kind of just adopted Harry and Hermoine into the fold. And I loved Teddy and Mia too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I pretty much skipped all the blog posts ahead of yours on Feedly because I saw the Buffy gif. This one... oh wow, such a good topic! I LOVE siblings in books; they are the highlight of any book when they show up!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this topic! I definitely want to do it for a future TTT! Weasley love forever!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great list!
    Kerri @ Turn the Page Reviews
    http://turnthepagereviews.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a fun list! I absolutely adore the Wesleys, of course. The Garrett clan were great characters, too. Great list!
    Natflix&Books' TTT

    ReplyDelete
  12. Jellicoe Road - I DIE. Love that book so so much.

    ReplyDelete
  13. The Weaseleys=love! Katniss and Prim are amazing, too! Awesome topic!

    my Top Ten

    ReplyDelete
  14. I LOVE THIS LIST. What a great idea!

    Also, a thousand times yes to your Hunger Games/SMG GIF pairing. The first time I saw the HG trailer, I burst into tears at that part.

    ReplyDelete
  15. So all the ones I've read, I agree with. The Weasleys, Garrets, NARNIE AND WEBB *dies*, Mia and Teddy, Perry and Talon. ugh. too much love. TOO MUCH

    I'm going to add Ponyboy, Soda, and Darry Curtis from The Outsiders and Kit and Emmett McMahon from Maeve Binchy's The Glass Lake. Emmett inadvertently created ONE OF MY FAVORITE COUPLES OF ALL TIME for his sister. *cooooos*

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wait, what were you problems with the end of HP? But I totally love the Weasley family, too. I love them so much. Sometimes people an only child is very lonely.

    Great list!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh my goodness, the Weasley's. I love them so much. The ending broke my heart.

    ReplyDelete
  18. You picked an awesome topic for TTT this week! I'm always game for a good pair of siblings in a story, especially since I'm close with mine. I do love that Alanna and Thom made top of your list, as I'm almost done with Song of the Lioness and am freaking out a little bit!

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog. I would love to hear your thoughts, so please leave a comment. Also, if you have a blog, be sure to leave a link so I can go check it out!