|Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by The Broke and the Bookish|
1. Thom & Alanna of Trebond from Tamora Pierce's The Song of the Lioness Series
This entire series would not have taken place if not for Thom. Like, Alanna would have NEVER gone to the palace to become a knight if he hadn't agreed to swap places with her. So, thanks Thom, because without you I would have no lady knight role model.
2. The Weasley Brood from J.K. Rowling's Harry Potter
Okay, we ALL know I have a lot of problems with the way this series ended, but I will say the bonds between this set of children is wonderful. Even when they fight they still love each other and I can't get enough of that. Obviously my favorite of the lot are Fred and George, so you can all understand why I'm crying right now.
3. The Garrett Kids from My Life Next Door by Huntley Fitzpatrick
Even Sam know how great this family is. I love how they all take care of each other. It's just so sweet. I would definitely want to be apart of that myself.
4. Narnie and Webb from Jellicoe Road by Melina Marchetta
We don't see a lot of these two together in the books but you could just TELL how much they loved each other from the way Narnie takes care of her brother's daughter. Not to mention Hannah totally makes it clear how much she loved her brother, so yeah. Definitely a pair of siblings worthy of this list.
5. Katniss and Prim from Suzanne Collins' The Hunger Games Series
I feel the need to cry big time when I think of this sibling relationship.
6. Mia and Teddy Hall from If I Stay/Where She Went by Gayle Forman
OKAY I KNOW we really don't see much of Teddy at all, but the way Mia reacts to what happens to him is so gut wrenching. She loved him SO MUCH and I just can't.
7. Rhine and Rowan from Lauren DeStefano's The Chemical Garden Trilogy
One of the major plots for this series is Rhine's drive to get back to her brother, Rowan. She misses him so much she'd basically move heaven and earth to get back to him. And yo, their reunion (because, please, that was gonna happen) is amazingly emotional.
8. Adam and James from Tahereh Mafi's Shatter Me Series
How much did you all freak out when you found out about James? I know I did. I love their brotherly bond. And I love James in general. Every time I talk about this series I tell everyone that if anything bad happens to James I will never forgive Tahereh Mafi. So. Y'know. What yo' self Tahereh Mafi.
9. Noah, Jacob and Tyler from Pushing the Limits by Katie McGarry
THE THINGS NOAH WILL DO FOR HIS BROTHERS. Ugh. That whole situation totally broke my heart. I love the three of those boys so much and I want ONLY GOOD THINGS for them.
10. The McGowan Boys from Megan Meade's Guide to the McGowan Boys by Kate Brian
It appears as though I really like broods of boys (see: Weasley Boys at the top of this list). This book's an oldie that I enjoy re-reading whenever I need a bit of fun and these boys, despite all their absurdities and arguments, never fail to bring the fun. Oh, and they really care about each other, which is NICE.
11. Perry and Talon from Veronica Rossi's Under the Never Sky Series
Okay, technically Talon is Perry's nephew but I'm sorry. They relationship is amazing - way better than Perry's relationship with his brother, Vale - and I couldn't help but throw it in here.
Can you guys think of any other sibling relationships you adore? Let me know in the comments below!