May 5, 2013

Veronica Mars Watch-Along Week 7

[Graphic designed by the lovely Judith of Paper Riot]
So, how does this work, super sleuths? Go check out the Watch-Along kick off post for the skinny. I'll give you a second just in case...

All caught up? Good.

In case you already know the basics and just forgot what episodes are up today, here's the list:
  • "Silence of the Lamb"
  • "Clash of the Tritons"
And, for NEXT WEEK:
  • "Lord of the Bling"
  • "Mars vs. Mars"

ALSO interesting for next week: The LOVELY Judith of Paper Riot (who made the graphic for this event - wooooo Judith!) has agreed to run the recap next weekend. I know, you'll all miss my keyboard slamming and Logan love, but next week is going to be a stressful one for me (I FINALLY GO HOME) AND Judith will probably be JUST as generous with the keyboard slamming and Logan love, if not more.

THE NOIR
Both of the short mysteries here really get me, mostly because they hit V close to home. In "Silence of the Lamb" we hear a little bit more about Mac. Since I love Mac, her whole story was like WHOA for me. I mean, OBVS if she had to be SWITCHED AT BIRTH it would have to be with Madison Sinclair. Who we are all required to hate anyway. But yeah. My heart cried all of you readers a river at the end of the episode when Mac put her hand on her bio mom's car window. Like seriously, guys. WHERE IS THE JUSTICE IN ALL THIS? But I guess Mac's other fam is pretty legit too...


And then also, in "Clash of the Tritons", the whole reason Rick did what he did was because Keith caught his dad doing illegal things and screwed up Rick's life. Granted, Rick's dad shouldn't have been doing illegal things, but still. Also, it was interesting to see V chase after the Tritons like that, even after knowing Duncan was one of them. Would she have done that if they were still dating? WHO KNOWS. I will say that I definitely enjoyed hear V sing karaoke though.


Side note: I also really liked how Keith went back to find that serial killer. Totally baller. Get it, Papa Mars. Show Lamb what's up.

And then there are a couple of important little factoids that are worth cataloguing.

  • Clarence Wiedman called the police with the tip that Abel Koontz killed Lilly.
  • Weevil and Lilly WERE a thing.
  • Duncan's got some mysterious illness?
  • Logan blames Veronica for Lilly's death because she told Lilly Logan kissed some girl and she broke up with him.

That last one isn't really pertinent to any of the major crimes of the season, but I think it's important in general. Also, HOW INVASIVE AND ABSURD is it that Veronica only found out the last three of these facts because she planeted a bug in her guidance counselor's office? I'm offended for all three boys, even though I only like two of them. But seriously. V. Crossing lines.

This good looking man does not approve.
STOP BEING CRAZY, VERONICA
Previously, I've noted V's SERIOUS trust issues. And her inability to believe her father knows what's best for her. And her overall anger issues. Wallace might be right to say she's a giant marshmallow under it all, but there's a lot to break through to get under it all. But I think this episode really shows that Veronica KNOWS what she's like - even though she might not realize it's such a bad thing.

Veronica (to the Guidance Counselor): "I don't want to talk away my grief. I want to turn it into something else. Fuel. I know how I'm gonna feel better and it's not by talking about how sad I am."

Lord.

That being said, I still think Veronica's THE WORST for bugging her guidance counselor's office. No, I don't like Rebecca, but there are things you shouldn't be allowed to hear like that. There's such thing as confidentiality and yeah, V's looking for the truth and yeah, that's a great way to find it, but the whole thing is still dizzying to me. I mean, was it really her place to hear Logan say:

"And what is so great about living?"

No. No it's not.

BRING ON THE SNARK
I don't have a lot this week. But you can probably include every conversation V has with Cliff. They're hilarious. Or maybe Cliff's just hilarious. I don't know.

Keith (to Lamb): "He's waiting for you to throw your panties."

Leo (to Veronica): "What I'm trying to say? This uniform is a tearaway."

THE BOYS

FRESH MEAT THIS WEEK, MY DARLINGS. COME AND GET IT.

  • Duncan: Since when is he good at everything, Tritons? Oh, you mean he's super rich and has ambition? Okay.
  • Logan: This boy makes me so sad. People are SO CRUDE talking about his family on the radio, his dad's abusive and crazy and threatens him, people leave news clippings on his locker (which is a little strange because he's King of the 09ers) and then his mom JUMPS OFF THE BRIDGE. And all of this is on top of his girlfriend getting murdered and his best friend checking out emotionally occasionally. I don't know. If I were him I probably wouldn't be the best behaved kid in the class. Sometimes I even think he has it worse than V? Like, at least V's dad loves her and she knows that. Who loves Logan? (Besides for me, of course)
  • Weevil: THIS BOY. HE HAS A HEART AND WE CAN SEE IT NOW. Sort of?
  • Leo: The new guy. He's pretty funny and I love his banter with Veronica. Really. I even love the line about the band. I'm pleased that V likes him too but totally underwhelmed that she got him into trouble. Like, OF COURSE she did, but UGH. STOP BEING SUCH A RUINER, VERONICA. STOP.

FUN FACT
Katie Leclerc, who plays Daphne on the ABCFamily show, Switched at Birth, appears at the beginning of the "Silence of the Lamb" episode - the episode about Mac being SWITCHED AT BIRTH. Leclerc plays one of the kids paying V to find dirt on her parents.

Are you guys also still crying because Logan's mommy jumped off the bridge? Or maybe you're all upset because Veronica's a relationship ruiner? Perhaps you're throwing a hissy because of Mac's familial situation? Let me know in the comments below!

**ONE LAST REMINDER**
NEXT WEEK:
  • "Lord of the Bling"
  • "Mars vs. Mars"

2 comments:

  1. LOGAN!!!!! *crushes him in a tight hug and never lets him go* My poor, poor baby.

    Also, I love Leo. Max Greenfield is such a talented actor that he can play a sweet, cute character like Leo AND a jerkwad like Schmidt from New Girl totally believably. If there were no Logan, he'd be my VMars love, but THERE IS A LOGAN, so...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah. Leo would be my number one if there were no Logan but I think my life would be severely lacking without Logan sooooooo. Yeah. Good thing here's around.

      Delete

Hey there! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog. I would love to hear your thoughts, so please leave a comment. Also, if you have a blog, be sure to leave a link so I can go check it out!