The Bout of Books read-a-thon is organized by Amanda @ On a Book Bender and Kelly @ Reading the Paranormal. It is a week long read-a-thon that begins 12:01am Monday, May 12th and runs through Sunday, May 18th in whatever time zone you are in. Bout of Books is low-pressure, and the only reading competition is between you and your usual number of books read in a week. There are challenges, giveaways, and a grand prize, but all of these are completely optional. For all Bout of Books 10 information and updates, be sure to visit the Bout of Books blog. - From the Bout of Books team
Bout of Books 10.0 is OVER and now I have to WAIT until the next one. Which is sad. But I guess I should tell you all how I did with my goals this time around...
The Goals and The Results:
1. Read for at least 3 hours a day.
- Check! (I think?)
2. Read at least 5 books from the list below.
- SEARCHING FOR SKY by Jillian Kantor
- WE WERE LIARS by E. Lockhart (READ)
- CATCH A FALLING STAR by Kim Culbertson
- NANTUCKET RED by Leila Howland
- DEEP BLUE by Jennifer Donnelly (READ)
- SIDE EFFECTS MAY VARY by Julie Murphy
- SECOND STAR by Alyssa B. Sheinmel (READ)
- I also read BEHIND THE SCENES by Dahlia Adler. Not on the list but still GREAT.
3. Participate in at least 1 Twitter chat.
4. Meet some new bloggers and make awesome new friends.
- I don't know if I did so much of that. But maybe?
5. Participate in at least 2 challenges.
- Ooooops nope.
Well. I guess I managed more than half of my goals, so that's pretty good. I think I've been failing at Bout of Books (both this time and last) because I have a job in retail and it's hard to get home at 9pm and then do all this stuff? I don't know. I want to play in my free time sometimes. But maybe next time will be better? Either way, I HAD FUN and that's really what it's all about.
Anyway, thanks again to Amanda and Kelly. You ladies are the best. Really. I can't wait for the next Bout of Books!
To read my original goals post, click HERE.
To read my progress report post, click HERE.
Did you participate in Bout of Books 10.0? Did you have FUN if you did? If you passed this time around, remember, there's always the next one! Let me know if you'll be participating in the comments below!