March 13, 2013

Waiting On: That Time I Joined the Circus by J.J. Howard (15)

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly feature hosted by Breaking the Spine

Title: That Time I Joined the Circus
Author: J.J. Howard
Release Date: April 1st, 2013
Publisher: Point
Lexi Ryan just ran away to join the circus, but not on purpose.
A music-obsessed, slightly snarky New York City girl, Lexi is on her own. After making a huge mistake--and facing a terrible tragedy--Lexi has no choice but to track down her long-absent mother. Rumor has it that Lexi's mom is somewhere in Florida with a traveling circus.
When Lexi arrives at her new, three-ring reality, her mom isn't there... but her destiny might be. Surrounded by tigers, elephants, and trapeze artists, Lexi finds some surprising friends and an even more surprising chance at true love. She even lucks into a spot as the circus's fortune teller, reading tarot cards and making predictions.
But then Lexi's ex-best friend from home shows up, and suddenly it's Lexi's own future that's thrown into question.
With humor, wisdom, and a dazzlingly fresh voice, this debut reminds us of the magic of circus tents, city lights, first kisses, and the importance of an excellent playlist.
[Summary Source: Goodreads]
I'm only going to tell you guys this ONCE: I LOVE THE CIRCUS. Probably more than Kel loves orange soda (prays to all of the deities that you guys understand that reference). I even like clowns. I used to pretend clowns creeped me out because that's what all the cool kids were doing but I WAS LYING because clowns are awesome. I love anyone and everyone who brings the smiles. Furthermore, my circus love intensified after reading Water for Elephants (because I ALSO LOVE ELEPHANTS SO MUCH. I have an elephant ring and two bracelets with elephant shaped clasps. All three of which I wear every day). So basically, book, I love you already. And please let there be lots of elephants in you.


So what book grabbed your attention this week? Let me know in the comments below!

12 comments:

  1. First off, 1000 cool points for the Kenan and Kel reference, lady! And that is a bold statement then! I am very very excited for this book, because I love the circus a whole lot too. And also, this: http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m31x3bDAaS1qhmu8lo1_1280.jpg <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ... I like elephants.

      AND YAY KENAN AND KEL.

      Delete
  2. WHO LOVES ORANGE SODA? Kel loves orange soda. IS IT TRUE? Mmhmm. I do, I do, I do-ooh.

    Anyway. I love circuses too, which is why I'm excited for this book! That, and the fact that I share a (nick)name with the main character. I do not like clowns though. Seriously. They creep me out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OH ALEXA. *hugs*

      And I will protect you from the clowns. I WILL.

      Delete
  3. LOVE circuses in books!!!! There's just something creepy/eccentric/exciting about them! This one sounds so good! Also, high five for the Kel reference!

    Have you read The Mumbo-Jumbo Circus? If you're into circus books, this one was really good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have not read that book. *goes off to research* AND I am interested. Thanks for the recommendation lady!!! ^_^

      Delete
  4. Aww man, Kenan and Kel! Memories! This book sounds cool, adding to my TBR! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. RIGHT? Serious memories. So glad you added this one to your TBR!!

      Delete
  5. I am so excited for this one! I am super intrigued by the idea, and I love stories that take place around the circus. And the cover is just so pretty. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ha I love the Kel reference!

    This books sounds really good so will definitely be adding to my wishlist, I really love the cover as well!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAY! So glad this one made it to your wish list!!! AND I'm glad you liked the Kel reference ^_^

      Delete

Hey there! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog. I would love to hear your thoughts, so please leave a comment. Also, if you have a blog, be sure to leave a link so I can go check it out!