March 24, 2013

Veronica Mars Watch-Along Week 1

In case you guys missed the excitement, MY FAVORITE SHOW OF ALL TIME is getting the movie it so rightfully deserves. There's this kickstarter campaign and, basically, I WILL HAVE MY ENDING. Seriously. I binged the whole show the December after it was canceled (my friend bought me the DVDs for my birthday) and when I got to episode 20 in season 3 (AKA the last one) I honestly thought there was more - since seasons usually have 22 episodes. BUT THERE WASN'T AND I DIED A LITTLE INSIDE.


But it's okay, guys, because they RAISED THE MONEY and I will have my ending. And yeah, it's noir, so the film's bound to break my heart, but at least I won't feel all lost and sad over this show anymore. Closure. That's what I'll have. Closure.


Anyway, this post isn't about my feels (we'll get to that in later posts). It's about this Watch-Along I'm hosting. Why host a Watch-Along? You might ask. Well, after Twitter EXPLODED with the news of THE MOVIE, a whole bunch of the people I love on Twitter were like: "What's Veronica Mars?" And, after picking my jaw up off the floor, I responded with many exclamation points and eventually decided to do this. Host a Watch-Along, that is.

[Graphic designed by the lovely Judith of Paper Riot]

So what does this Watch-Along entail? I will tell you.
  • Each week, participants will watch 2 episodes. Since there are 64 episodes in total, it should take 32 weeks to finish the whole series (check out my math skillz, will ya?), which gives us all plenty of time to freak out over the movie before it comes out.
  • Since this is an informal Watch-Along, there won't be a linky or giveaway or anything like that. So at the end of each week, I'll post about that week's episodes - maybe a couple of questions, or a freak out, depending on the content of the episodes. Then, I'll list the next 2 episodes to be watched (like I do at the bottom of this post). After that, you guys can share your feels in the comments below and I will respond accordingly (with CAPS LOCK and exclamation points).
  • MOST IMPORTANTLY: My darlings, if this show tickles your fancy and you absolutely cannot watch JUST 2 episodes a week, feel free to watch ahead. All I ask is that you don't spoil stuff for anyone else. Furthermore, if you miss a week, that's fine too! You can catch up whenever you have the time!
And that's it, really. This whole thing is really going to be super informal. I just wanna watch some good TV with you guys on top of all the fun bookish stuff. AND I want everyone to understand why Logan Echolls is the best ever. Don't let the first few episodes fool you, he's what's up.


Now, just in case you read through this whole thing without knowing what the heck Veronica Mars is, here's a synopsis for ya:

In the wealthy, seaside community of Neptune, California, the rich and powerful make the rules. Unfortunately for them, there's Veronica Mars, a smart, fearless 17-year-old apprentice private investigator dedicated to solving the town's toughest mysteries. Veronica used to be one of the popular girls, but it all came crumbling down around her after her best friend, Lilly, was murdered, and her then-sheriff father, Keith, was removed from office for naming Lilly's rich father as the lead suspect. During the day, Veronica must negotiate high school like any average teenage girl. But at night, she helps with her father's struggling, new private investigator business - and what she finds may tear the town of Neptune apart at the seams.

[Summary Source: TV.com]
Guys? THAT'S JUST SEASON 1.

So, Marshmallows, get excited for shenanigans (from both Veronica AND me), my darlings, because you have a week to watch the first 2 episodes (as listed below) before my discussion post goes up.
  • "Pilot"
  • "Credit Where Credit's Due" 
AAAAND GO.

PS: If you're not sure where to watch, you can go to the WB Website. They have all the episodes there. IF you live outside of the States, you might have to get a little... creative, shall we say. If you need some creative help, let me know and I'll see what I can do for you. But buying the DVDs is a good investment, I promise.

11 comments:

  1. Wait wait wait wait this is my favorite show of all time and my love for you just shot up EXPONENTIALLY. I nearly peed myself with excitement when I saw the Kickstarter movie news.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. RIGT!? HOW many times did you watch the Kickstarter video? I giggled and cackled THE WHOLE TIME.

      But I'm glad you love me more for this. BECAUSE I LOVE YOU MORE TOO! <3 <3

      Delete
  2. So excited for this watch along! This is one of my favorite shows too and I love that you're doing this. I will definitely participate :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAAAAAY! I'm so glad there's so much VMars love out there ^_^

      Delete
  3. I am pretty darn excited about this! I'll definitely be joining in, as you know, and I'm confident I'm going to enjoy it. Thanks for hosting the watch-along!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAY! I'm glad you're joining and I'd say you're welcome for the hole hosting the watch-along thing, but I feel like a lot of the reasons I'm doing this are selfish. Mostly that I want to re-watch and I want everyone to love this show NOW. ;-)

      Delete
  4. Caps lock? Exclamation points? LOGAN ECHOLLS? Oh I'm in. Well. Actually, I've been marathon watching this show the last couple of days. But to my defense, I AM ADDICTED. OBSESSED. CRAZY ABOUT IT. Whatever, y'know. I'd almost say "yolo" if that didn't mean I would have to bang my head against the wall out of disgust for using that word. But HELLO, I am in love with this show, it's now one of my favorites and you bet I'm going to talk to you about this. A LOT.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAAAAAAAY! Logan Echolls *swoons*

      PS: Feel free to say YOLO WHENEVER YOU WANT. I do it sometimes. It just has to be done, y'know?

      PPS: SO GLAD YOU LOVE THE SHOWWWW!! ^_^

      Delete
  5. I didn't know if this was actually going to happen, but I'm really excited! I've never seen this show, but Kristen Bell is pretty awesome. And I'm excited it's online!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YEAH IT'S ACTUALLY HAPPENING!!!! So glad you're excited lady!! ^_^

      Delete
  6. You think it's possible that people watched 2 episodes a week? I watched all of Season 2 in 3 days

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog. I would love to hear your thoughts, so please leave a comment. Also, if you have a blog, be sure to leave a link so I can go check it out!