March 5, 2013

Top Ten Series I'd Like To Start But Haven't Yet (13)

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by The Broke and the Bookish
Between the ages of 17 and 22, I kind of abandoned my YA reading. So I’ve missed out on quite a few amazing-sounding series. Here is JUST A FEW of the ones I have to catch up on. I assure you, there are many, many more and I am very much aware of all of them (yes I AM feeling the self-imposed pressure).

1. Fire and Thorns Series by Rae Carson 
I love fantasy so this one's totally right up my alley. I also recently picked up an e-book of it, so even though I'm abroad, I'll probably get to it on the sooner side of life. Not to mention, a lot of the bloggers I follow have wonderful things to say about it, so I'm all excited. But I'm kind of picky about fantasy so I hope I'm not getting too excited. Hype can really kill a book, y'know?

2. Starcrossed Series by Josephine Angelini 
Alexa gave me a copy of the first one, so even if I wasn't into Greek Mythology, I'd be getting to this one sooner rather than later. Not to mention I've also heard really good things about this one.

3. Daughter of Smoke and Bone Series by Laini Taylor 
My cousin, who loves books but is A LOT more literary than I am and doesn't always see the the merit in YA books (not in a negative way but in a "you do you, I'll do me" kind of way), says he listened to this audiobook and he really enjoyed it. So if THAT'S not a stellar recommendation, I don't know what is. Plus, the cover's pretty awesome.

4. Angelfire Series by Courtney Allison Moulton 
I have never read an angel book before. People have told me I should read Cynthia Hand's Unearthly Series. But I guess I'm gonna need you guys to tell me which one to read first (you like how I sneakily added a 4a to this list? I know I do).

5. Across the Universe Series by Beth Revis 
The title is the same as a Beatles song. I'm already a fan. But also I like the sound of the summary. And the covers. And the idea that the third one was sent into space? Was that really a thing that happened? I don't even know, you guys.

6. Jessica Darling Series by Megan McCafferty 
I'm pretty sure I listed this one on my Top Ten Books I Resolve to Read in 2013 list. Everyone's always gushing about Jessica Darling and I like being in the know (aka how my love affair with Shatter Me began). So there's that.

7. Graceling Realm Series by Kristin Cashore 
Another fantasy that everyone seems to love. I've picked it up and put it down in Barnes and Noble more times than I care to admit but I think this going to be the year I get to it. Especially since it also made the Top Ten Books I Resolve to Read in 2013 list...

8. Books of Faerie Series by Maggie Stiefvater 
I love all things Maggie Stiefvater AND the 3rd book has a pub date (year?) so I think it's a sign I need to get to reading this series. Also: FAERIES.

9. Gone Series by Michael Grant 
I normally don't like to read series that are longer than 3 books. Or rather, I think my favorite kinds of books are stand-alones. I hate the wait. But the summary on this one sounds too good to not at least try, six books or not. Besides, they're all out, so I'll just power through them. Or try. They're also really long. BUT THE SERIES SOUNDS SO GOOD.

10. For Darkness Shows The Stars Series by Diana Peterfreund
I bought this one because the cover was so pretty I couldn't help myself. But I'm also interested in the content, I swear. It's not particularly high on my TBR list right now, but I definitely want to get to it. I will get to it. I just need there to be more reading time in my life, y'know?

So that's my list, sneaky number 4a tucked in there and everything. What's on your list? Do we have any overlaps? Do YOU know which angel series I should read first? Come, chat with me in the comments below and TELL me I'm not the only one slacking on my series! 

28 comments:

  1. You're definitely not the only one slacking on reading series. I got Across the Universe on my shelf but still hasn't touch that yet. But I can't believe you haven't read the Jessica Darling series! You should TOTALLY read that :) Great list! :D

    Here's my Top 10

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We should ALL read Across the Universe!! And I WILL get to Jessica Darlin. I will. Just not until May at the earliest >.<

      Thanks for stopping by! :)

      Delete
  2. I really recommend the Fire and Thorn series and the Across the Universe series. Nice list!

    Here's mine:

    http://lyricalletter.blogspot.com/2013/03/top-ten-tuesday.html#comment-form

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmm I am taking recommendations... =D

      Thanks for the thoughts Becca!

      Delete
  3. Gone is so good, you really have to read that one! We share Daughter of Smoke and Bone. Across the Universe didn't make my list, but I still want to read it!

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been hearing mixed reviews about Gone but I think I'm gonna give it a go. And I can't wait to read the other two!! :)

      Delete
  4. Ooh I've heard the Jessica Darling series is great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. EVERYONE tells me it is, but this week's TTT is showing me not EVERYONE has read it, which I appreciate.

      Delete
  5. Graceling was amazing. It was absolutely beautiful and one of my all-time favorite books. I did not like the second book, though, not at all, but I'm one of few in that regard. I hope you start the series soon, because Graceling is so worth the read (and reread, and reread.)

    Bekka
    Pretty Deadly Reviews

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard WONDERFUL things about Graceling and I WILL get to it within the next couple of week, I hope. But I do hope I like the rest of the series too! >.<

      Delete
  6. Go and read FOR DARKNESS SHOWS THE STARS! I really loved that one (if you've seen my review). I will warn you now though that it's kind of slow-moving. But it's so, so beautiful.

    Anyway. Gushing aside, I also need to finish the Graceling series (perhaps I shall read Bitterblue when you do), start the Jessica Darling series (in the summer, maybe?), start the Books of Faerie by Maggie (who I love, but I'm nervous about the fae thing), start the Across the Universe series (which I have the first two books of already...), and start the Daughter of Smoke & Bone series.

    I'm actually reading The Girl of Fire & Thorns this month, so yay for that! I'll let you know how it goes ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't always mind slow-moving books. I like the pretty cover, so that's enough to push me into reading it.

      And I will my best to make it to Bitterblue ASAP so we can read it together. Maybe I'll try to read The Girl of Fire & Thorns this month so I can have someone to talk to about that also!

      I'm kind of happy you haven't read a lot of the books on this list, though. I feel like I've been missing out but maybe not so much! :)

      Delete
  7. We have quite a few of the same ones! :-) I really want to read Daughter of Smoke and Bone - have heard so much about it, I just have to know what all the fuss is about!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to know also!!! Fuss makes me want to read something so much more.

      Delete
  8. The Girl of Fire and Thorns!!! Ah! Today makes my top ten favorites. The sequel is even better. Sorry. Not helping with the "not getting your hopes too high thing".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol. Well. If everyone loves it so much than I'm just gonna have to hope I will too.

      Delete
  9. I think you'd really like Daughter of Smoke and Bone! I did like it, but it was a bit too much fantasy/paranormal/whatever for me to handle and I didn't really understand some elements, but then again, I am a contemporary girl through and through. I totally recommend the Jessica Darling series. It's been a few years since I've read it but it's one I don't think I'll ever forget.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So yeah, I'm very fantasy. But I also really like contemporary, so I HOPE I like Daughter of Smoke and Bone AND Jessica Darlin :)

      Delete
  10. Graceling is a must read for fantasy lovers! It's such a fantastic book :) And I read Daughter of Smoke and Bone recently, and it's also another great fantasy novel.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmm good fantasy. Must reads for me, I think!!

      Thanks for stopping by, Caitlyn! :)

      Delete
  11. Across the Universe is on my TBR too! Im on the second book of Starcrossed right now, and it's pretty much amazing :)
    Top 10 Tuesdays

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to hear you like Starcrossed! I hope this means good things for my reading! I also hope you like Across the Universe :)

      Delete
  12. Everyone has been telling me to read Daughter of Smoke and Bone so I figure I had better get on it nowwww. Or soon. And I reaaaally need to start Across the Universe (LOOK AT THE COVERS!), For Darkness Shows the Stars, Jessica Darling, Graceling, Fire and Thorns, Starcrossed... should I go on? I didn't finish Gone though. Tried reading it a couple of years ago but I was just bored by it. However, I feel like I might need to give it another shot, because I read it just after I read THE HUNGER GAMES for the first time. Not really a fair comparison...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Hunger Games would probably make whatever you read next pale in comparison. BUT I hope you give it another shot. And I hope we BOTH like all the other books on my list that remain unread as of this moment >.<

      Delete
  13. Wow... so many good series on here! You need to get on them!!! Especially the Graceling series. Def my favorite! Also, didn't know Maggie had a fairies series out! While most people don't seem to like them, I kind of think they're interesting. A little different, mysterious, etc. When I first read Starcrossed, I LOVED it! But after reading it a second time to get myself ready to read the first one, it wasn't as good as it was the first time around. Hopefully you'll like it though; it's got a good story!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, thankfully I only need one go for Starcrossed!!! As for the rest, I WILL GET TO THEM. It's just gonna take me a little while. >.<

      Delete
  14. Seriously, move For Darkness Shows the Stars up on your TBR! It was AMAZING and I loved it oh so much! Don't just let the awesome keep sitting there... waiting... hoping... wishing for you to read it!

    Daughter of Smoke and Bone and Graceling are also really good, so you should prioritize those, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *nods* Everyone says ALL of these things. I really need to stop being so bad about reading these series!!! >.<

      Delete

Hey there! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog. I would love to hear your thoughts, so please leave a comment. Also, if you have a blog, be sure to leave a link so I can go check it out!