March 22, 2013

Imma Do It My Way

Fact: I don't like coffee. I just like saying Coffee Clutch in my best and deepest New York accent. Considering I'm a New Yorker, I'm pretty freaking good at it. So I've got my tea and I hope you have your heated beverage of choice, because it's time to gab the day away.

Guys. This is my 100th post. But considering that post I wrote the other week - Blogging is Hard, Yo - it's really not all that surprising. Because when you blog basically everyday (reviews, features, etc.), you're bound to hit 100 posts pretty quickly.


Anyway, since I already posted about how much I honestly feel like I need to post EVERY DAY OR THE WORLD WILL END, I don't think I'll do that again.

Instead, I think I'll tell you all that I've decided I DON'T need to do that. I've taken some of your wise advise, listened to my inner lazypants and decided the post-every-day blogging lifestyle is just not sustainable for me. Yes, I love you guys. Yes, I love my blog. But I think it's because of these facts that I can't post every day.


Let's just imagine a world where I continued to post every day: Without a doubt, the quality of my content would drop. My whole life would be consumed by reading a blogging. I wouldn't spend as much time being social, watching TV or doing other stuff I love to do - stuff that I NEED to do in order to stay sane. I'd likely fall into a blogging/reading slump of epic proportions and probably come to HATE blogging, which would be sadness, because I LOVE blogging. Blogging makes me HAPPY INSIDE. YOU GUYS make me happy inside and I'd hate for anything on this planet to ruin that.

So basically, I've figured out how to make blogging less hard, yo for me and I really hope you guys have figured out how to do the same for yourselves. And if posting everyday is what works for you, PLEASE CONTINUE TO DO THAT. I will read and I will love. But please, PLEASE don't let blogging get in the way of everything else in your life that keeps you sane. Stay sane, take stuff slow, don't worry about stats and DO IT YOUR WAY (the modified Burger King slogan) so we can remain happy, healthy blogging friends forever and ever.


Basically, aside from professing my love to all of you, I'm also saying that it'll probably take me longer than just under 4 months to make it to 200 posts. It doesn't mean I love any of you less. I just like sleeping more. 


Also: If you're reading this and you're not a blogger, I'M SORRY. I mostly try to make sure the content of this blog is interesting for everyone, but sometimes I just have to write about my feels and a lot of the times my feels are blogging feels. So. Yeah.

And now is when you can tell me if you've made any new decisions about your blogging habits between two weeks ago and now. I'd really like to hear about your personal life choices. Mostly because getting to know people is one of my favorite things, but also because I'd just like to know for my mental spreadsheet.

16 comments:

  1. I just entered the book blogging world but I was right with you in the beginning. I felt like I had to post every single day. But then I was listening to a conversation on Twitter where other bloggers were like, where did that rule come from? Why do people do that? And I thought, why do I do that?!

    I still post a lot, but have designated Saturdays as a day off thing. And even just that one day off really helps!

    It's important to still do the other things we love to do, because this is for fun, right? It's way too easy to let it take over your world.

    PS. I hate coffee too. The taste and smell. People are always surprised by this because I look like the artsy book-lover type. And I am. But I hate coffee. :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the smell of coffee but not the taste. Is that weird?

      Anyway, I'm glad you're doing the whole blogging thing YOUR way. It's rough when you feel like you have to do what everyone else is doing but it's SO not the case, y'know?

      Delete
  2. *stands up* *starts clapping*

    I AM SO PROUD OF YOU, GABY.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THANKS AMANDA!!!!!!!! That was the real goal of this post after all. ;-D

      Delete
  3. *sends Fez hearts back at you* Good for you for realizing this! Blogging should be enjoyable, not a huge pain. I'm so glad you realized this before you completely burnt yourself out.

    Also, YES TO HATING COFFEE. *high fives* The taste, the smell, everything. Give me tea or hot chocolate any day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like tea. And hot chocolate. But I do, strangely enough, like the smell of coffee. It's WEIRD.

      Also: MORE FEZ HEARTS FOR YOU! <#

      Delete
  4. You know how I basically disappeared over this past week? That is what I'd like to call major blogger burnout. Yeah, I've been pretty sick so that contributed to some of it, but I've also been absolutely sick of blogging and reading and all of that. I felt like you, where I had to post every day or OMG MY BLOG IS GOING TO DIE. But once I finally got myself to take a break, I realized that I can't sustain that pace and have a healthy life. I love blogging, don't get me wrong, but there are also a million other things in my life I love to do. I'd rather read at a comfortable pace rather than feeling the need to devour through books. I'd rather post reviews and a few other features here and there, but only when I feel like it. I don't want to feel like I NEED to blog, because that's not fun, it's stressful. So high five to you for realizing the same! I think it can be hard to balance this with everything else, but it sounds like you're figuring out what works for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sounds like you're figuring out what works for you too, which I LIKE because I don't want the burnout happening to you either!!! I think at first the posting every day thing might have a place, but it's been a little while, y'know? So it's okay to cool it and do things as we wanna.

      Delete
  5. Go you! It is such a freeing experience to finally decide to blog your own way and to hell with everybody else! I finally managed it earlier this year, and I've been so much happier - PLUS, I *think* I've gone on blogging the longest I EVER have without taking a hiatus (though to be sure, I'd have to go and actually count up... which sounds like work, so meh.) So good for you, and keep it up! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAY ANNE! I'm so glad you're blogging YOUR way too!! Good for me AND good for you ^_^

      Delete
  6. Very good decision Gaby! I will still be trying to post everyday but am just starting to feel less guilty when I don't!

    Looking forward to your fewer but more quality posts :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So for me, whenever I start something, I kind of give up once the excitement wears off. This could be a couple of weeks or a couple of months. I DON'T want that to be my blogging life. So even though a part of me STILL feels a little guilty, I think I need to do this so I don't totally walk away from it. Because that would be SADTIMES.

      Delete
  7. I'm very glad that you've decided to go and do what you're comfortable with. Blogging should always be fun! Anytime it isn't, I always find it a good exercise to take a break from it. Good for you though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Break ARE important. I never want to stop blogging because I overdo it. Only if it's a personal choice.

      Delete
  8. YAY FEZ! YAY BOO!
    *coughs*
    Anyway. You are awesome, and I think you made a very good decision. I have never tried posting every day because I knew that it would be impossible. (Also because I'm just lazy.) And I don't regret it. Blogging should be fun, right? It shouldn't be forced. And nobody will actually mind if you post every 2-3 days instead of every day :)

    ps. I adore the new background!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, as long as nobody will mind!! ^_^

      Also, THANKS. <3 <3

      Delete

Hey there! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog. I would love to hear your thoughts, so please leave a comment. Also, if you have a blog, be sure to leave a link so I can go check it out!