February 2, 2013

Stacking the Shelves (9)

"Stacking the Shelves" is a weekly feature hosted by Tynga's Reviews
It's been a slow book week for me. But I think that might be a good thing...

WON


1. Grim by Anna Waggener
I love ARCycling. I really, really do. Please, ARCycling, always be as amazing (or even more amazing) as you are right now.

2. Unravel Me by Tahereh Mafi
I won this and Shatter Me from a giveaway on 4 Chicks and a Muse. I already have a copy of Shatter Me but now I have a spare for lending or gifting or donating or something. 

BOUGHT


3. The Graveyard Book by Neil Gaiman
I told myself I wasn't allowed to buy any books while abroad. I just don't have the space. But I went to the giant Waterstones in Picadilly Circus and I've had my eye on this one for a LONG TIME, so I couldn't say no. I mean, there are illustrations! The main character's name is Nobody! Also, I figure I should buy at least one book while I'm here as a memento or something. I would say this is a pretty good one.

4. Incarnate by Jodi Meadows
This was a $1.99 ebook buy. I don't think I need to say more.

I'm so proud of my self control this past week. How did you guys do? Let me know in the comments below!

17 comments:

  1. Very nice haul indeed. ArcCycling is a great program. I really like the idea of it. Come visit me on Saturday as I will have my post up then.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I LOVE ARCYCLING. SO MUCH. ALL THE TIME.

      Thanks for stopping by, Grace :)

      Delete
  2. I haven't read any of the books by Tahereh Mafi but I really need to. I know how much other people love them and I still can't believe I haven't gotten around to them yet.
    Incarnate also looks really good and I love the cover. Happy reading! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES. Read Shatter Me. Read it. I also really want to read Incarnate. But there are so many books it's hard to fit them all in!

      Thanks for stopping by, Lucy!

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. I hope I do lurve it!! As much as enjoy writing a negative review in all of my terribleness, I'd much rather read an amazing book, y'know?

      Thanks for stopping by! :)

      Delete
  4. Unravel Me & Incarnate are two of my absolute favorites! WARNER <3 Enjoy your fab books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WARNER. Ugh. So many feels. I can't wait to get into Incarnate, especially now that I know so many people love it!

      Thanks for stopping by, Jen! :)

      Delete
  5. Oh my goodness, that Incarnate deal is AMAZING haha. I still really want to read that book! And UNRAVEL ME eeeeeeee! Enjoy :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I LOVE EBOOK DEALS. I don't know who decides these things or how bloggers know about them, but I'm so glad I hear about them. I can't wait to read Incarnate, too!

      Thanks for stopping by, Judith! <3

      Delete
  6. Great haul.

    I have my eye on The Graveyard Book as well. On behalf of my nation, I would like to say thank you for buying this momento in our lovely capital.

    Enjoy your reads.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SO WORTH IT. It just seemed like the right one, y'know? You should definitely pick it up. It looks so amazing.

      Thanks for stopping by! :)

      Delete
  7. I love Incarnate's cover, its stunning! I have The Graveyard Book sitting on my shelf that I haven't yet read :(
    Enjoy all your new books!

    My STS post: http://blogofabookaholic.blogspot.com/2013/02/stacking-shelves-34.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A stunning cover really does make a world of difference, doesn't it?

      Thanks for stopping by! :)

      Delete
  8. Hooray for Unravel Me! I just finished reading it - and it's VERY interesting. I can't wait to see what you think of this addition to the series!

    Also, DOUBLE YAY for Incarnate! I really enjoyed that book, and the sequel was just released last week ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just want to sit around and read all of the amazing books all the time. WHY DO I HAVE TO DO OTHER THINGS? IT's so annoying.

      Thanks for stopping by Alexa! <3 <3

      Delete
  9. YES! Definitely get your hands on Unravel Me. DEFINITELY.

    Thanks for stopping by MaryAnn! :)

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog. I would love to hear your thoughts, so please leave a comment. Also, if you have a blog, be sure to leave a link so I can go check it out!