February 27, 2013

Waiting On: Going Vintage by Lindsey Leavitt (13)

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly feature hosted by Breaking the Spine

Title: Going Vintage
Author: Lindsey Leavitt
Release Date: March 26th, 2013
Publisher: Bloomsbury
When Mallory’s boyfriend, Jeremy, cheats on her with an online girlfriend, Mallory decides the best way to de-Jeremy her life is to de-modernize things too. Inspired by a list of goals her grandmother made in 1962, Mallory swears off technology and returns to a simpler time (when boyfriends couldn’t cheat with computer avatars). 
The List:
1. Run for pep club secretary
2. Host a fancy dinner party/soiree
3. Sew a dress for Homecoming
4. Find a steady
5. Do something dangerous
But simple proves to be crazy-complicated, and the details of the past begin to change Mallory’s present. Add in a too-busy grandmother, a sassy sister, and the cute pep-club presient – who just happens to be her ex’s cousin – and soon Mallory begins to wonder if going vintage is going too far.

[Summary Source: Goodreads]
I've always wondered what it would be like to ditch all of the STUFF and just BE, like my grandma. I want to write ACTUAL letters and have whole conversations without anyone looking at their phones and just be free of all of the things that rule our lives today. And I know, I know, there are a lot of things I'd miss (you guys, in particular!) but I think it'd be a novel idea, don't you?

Not to mention, everyone's been talking about this and the summary (as well as the cover) is just SO CUTE.

So that's what I'm excited for this week, dear readers. What's got YOU all tied up in knots of excitement this week? Let me know in the comment below!

22 comments:

  1. Oh, man. This sounds crazy good! Like a funny summer read. Love it! :)

    Ellen @ Elle-Osophy
    My WOW post

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I first saw this I thought "hmm, this doesn't sounds like my kind of read", but then after reading all the positive reviews that are flooding in I changed my mind. Might have to pick it up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right? Everyone loves it and I want to get at it!

      Delete
  3. This sounds sos good and cute! I can't wait to get my hands on Going Vintage. Great pick!
    Em @ A Beautiful Madness
    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It DOES, doesn't it? I can't wait to get at it either :)

      Delete
  4. Oh, MUST READ THIS SOON! You know, just so I can let you know how it is! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YOU ARE THE WOOOOOORRRRRST. Dangling the read in front of my face.

      No, but really, I hope you get to it and love it :)

      Delete
  5. I love Lindsey Leavitt so I'm also really excited for this one and it's such a unique concept. Great WoW pick!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never read anything by Lindsey Leavitt so we'll see how this goes for me. Thanks for stopping by Katie! :)

      Delete
  6. This sounds like a great read. New follower.

    Here's my WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by and the follow Alishia! :)

      Delete
  7. This book sounds awesome.
    Currently I am anxiously waiting for the UK release of Never Too Far the latest offering from NA author extraordinaire, Abbi Glines and as always counting down the days until the release of Cassandra Claire's Clockwork Princess. I can't believe March is almost here!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well. You know I need to get to Abbi Glines and am on the fence about the TID series... but LET'S JUST BE EXCITED FOR THIS BOOK, SHALL WE?

      Delete
  8. I'm reading this right now and it is so much fun! I would love to ditch technology, but then I remember the internet and blogging and twitter and realize how impossible that would be. Anyway, great pick!

    Here's my WoW.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooooh I'm glad it's fun. I love fun books :)

      And I totally agree. I hate to love the interwebz. >.<

      Delete
  9. I love the cover for the one, and the premise is unique (sadly, it was my favorite read). Hope you enjoy it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you like the look and sound of it! :)

      Delete
  10. I agree, I think it'd be quite an eye opening experience to simply get back to the basics. Great pick, will definitely be checking this one out. :)
    My WoW Pick!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you're gonna pick this one up!!! :)

      Delete
  11. Great choice. I have been pining for this one for ages :D

    My Wow

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. RIGHT? Pining is the worst and the best. Thanks for stopping by Courtney! :)

      Delete

Hey there! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog. I would love to hear your thoughts, so please leave a comment. Also, if you have a blog, be sure to leave a link so I can go check it out!