February 13, 2013

Waiting On: The Ward by Jordana Frankel (11)

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly feature hosted by Breaking the Spine

Title: The Ward
Author: Jordana Frankel
Release Date: April 30th, 2013
Publisher: Katherine Tegen Books
Sixteen-year-old Ren is a daredevil mobile racer who will risk everything to survive in the Ward, what remains of a water-logged Manhattan. To save her sister, who is suffering from a deadly illness thought to be caused by years of pollution, Ren accepts a secret mission from the government: to search for a freshwater source in the Ward, with the hope of it leading to a cure.

However, she never expects that her search will lead to dangerous encounters with a passionate young scientist; a web of deceit and lies; and an earth-shattering mystery that’s lurking deep beneath the water’s rippling surface.

Jordana Frankel’s ambitious debut novel and the first in a two-book series, The Ward is arresting, cinematic, and thrilling—perfect for fans of Scott Westerfeld or Ann Aguirre.

[Summary Source: Goodreads]
I'm a New Yorker who LOVES her city. Therefore, I hate to love books and movies about a destroyed New York. BUT I DO. AND I READ AND WATCH THEM ALL. So I MUST read this book based solely on the first sentence of the summary.


So what are YOU waiting for this week? Let me know in the comments below!

6 comments:

  1. i love to read books with plenty of action and this book sounds like there's a lot of it. i really love that cover too!

    Our WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loooove the cover also!!!

      Thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete
  2. That looks so good! I'll definitely have to add it to my TBR list! Great pick :)

    Here's my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! Def add it to the TBR pile :)

      Thanks for stopping by!!

      Delete
  3. Agreed. I love any books about NYC, and I'm looking forward to this one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. More NYC books please, authors!!! It's totally one of my buzzwords when it comes to summaries.

      Delete

Hey there! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog. I would love to hear your thoughts, so please leave a comment. Also, if you have a blog, be sure to leave a link so I can go check it out!