February 26, 2013

Top Ten Authors On My Auto-Buy List (12)

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by The Broke and the Bookish
There are SO MANY authors I would put on my auto-buy list. Mostly because there is so much awesome out there and I apparently ENJOY being broke (no, not really, I just like books more than I like money, I guess). But here are my Top Ten. I feel like a lot of mine will be on a lot of your lists.

1. Sarah Dessen
ALWAYS Sarah Dessen. She is a contemporary genius. It's like she helped invent the feels. Or the word squee. Or both. I just can't imagine not pre-ordering something she wrote.

2. John Green
John Green is a genius I haven't known about for nearly long enough. Not only do I love the stories he tells, I love HOW he tells them. Not to mention, every time I read one of his books, my fangirling gets more and more serious because I realize JUST HOW CLEVER this man is.

3. Tamora Pierce
Tamora Pierce has been on my auto-buy list since I was a tiny, itty bitty reader. The worlds she crafts are just so magical and I want to soak up EVERY BIT of it in hopes that one day I'll find myself in those worlds. But until then: EVERY SINGLE BOOK WRITTEN BY THE GODDESS SHOULD BE MINE.

4. Gayle Forman
Gayle Forman is another author who probably helped invent THE FEELS. She's so awesome-pants I'm not even sure we're all worthy to read the words she puts on the page. She just knows how to tell a story, y'know?

5. Tahereh Mafi
I feel like there are a lot of authors who helped invent the feels. Add Tahereh Mafi to the list. I fall to pieces again and again with every word. I can't BELIEVE I waited so long to read her books, but I know I'm hooked now, to be sure, and will be buying everything she writes ever from now until the end of time.

6. Philip Pullman
I don't even know if Philip Pullman writes all that much anymore - a least not YA, but I DO know the man HONEST TO GOD knows how to weave an amazing tale. So I'll pretty much overlook any bizarre, angry undertones found in his work just for that.

7. Maggie Stiefvater
On more than once occasion I’ve noted that she could write about feet and I would still buy that book. And I meant it. Not to mention Maggie Stiefvater is entirely adorable, which makes me just LOVE HER EVEN MORE.

8. Rick Riordan
Honesty time: For the release date of the latest Percy Jackson book, I put an all-day event in my calendar entitled: PERCY JACKSON DAY. I regret nothing. But really, I just love what Rick Riordan does with mythology and I kind of hope he starts up another series about a different mythology group. Norse, this time? How many different mythologies are there? I don't even know, but I want this author to write a series about each one I can HAVE THEM.

9. Markus Zusak
I read The Book Thief and proceeded to buy everything else he’s written. Markus Zusak's writing style is SO DIFFERENT and so very heart breaking that I can't imagine my life without his books.

10. J.K. Rowling
But only if it’s YA. I took The Casual Vacancy out of the library a couple of months ago because I really wasn’t sure how I would like J.K. Rowling’s foray into adult fiction and, I’m not going to lie, I haven’t yet finished the book. But if she ever puts out another YA book, I assure you I’ll be buying it. And so will all of you, probably. And then we'll all freak out over it together. So I'm EXCITED.

HOW CUTE IS THIS MAN?
So that's the list. I know, I know, so many obvious choices, but it's the TRUTH and I would never lie to you guys! Now tell me, who do we have in common and what are your other choices?

28 comments:

  1. Yay for Pullman being listed! Green is an author I enjoy, but he's not an immediate buy for me. I still haven't read Rowling and Mafi is calling my name.

    Jessica @ Literary, etc

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. DEFINITELY get to reading Rowling and Mafi!!! And I'm glad you like Pullman and Green :)

      Thanks for stopping by Jessica!

      Delete
  2. JK Rowling made my list too! And I'm also a huge Sarah Dessen fan! Great list :)

    Here's my Top Ten!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you like Rowling and Dessen! Thanks for stopping by Jessica!

      Delete
  3. Totally with you on your number 3!!! I couldn't have put it better.
    John Green, Philip Pullman and J.K. Rowling are awesome too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAY FOR HAVING SO MANY FAVORITE AUTHORS IN COMMON!!! =D

      Delete
  4. J.K. Rowling is on my list too, and Rick Riordan would have been if the list was a little longer! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad to hear we have some similarities!!! =D

      Delete
  5. i LOVE your list. So many similar to mine :) And some on yours I forgot for mine! Ha!

    Also, Sarah Dessen? My roommate in college took a few classes with her (she used to teach at UNC before she had kids, and now she still teaches some and guest lectures), and she's the SWEETEST lady ever. EVER.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are just SO MANY AMAZING AUTHORS. At least, there are way more than I could ever fit on a list of ten.

      And OH MAN your roommate is so lucky. I wish I could have taken a close with Sarah Dessen. It would be the very best. >.<

      Delete
  6. There are too many awesome authors out there! With every list I see I want to read more books and my Top Ten should be way longer! Love your list. I haven't read anything by Sarah Dessen yet, but I hope to soon!

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Top Tens should almost always be way longer. Alas. It's just ten! >.<

      And YESYES get to Sarah Dessen. She is the most wonderful.

      Delete
  7. Yay! So glad to see Riordan on someone else's list! I have been counting down to the release of House of Hades and it cant come fast enough! Great list.

    A.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I LOVE RIORDAN. I always want more. The wait between books isn't so long but any wait is just too long!

      Delete
  8. And this is why we're friends. I love almost every single one of these authors. John Green will be my number one auto buy for forever because he is King. Also Pierce and Rowling are both goddesses. OH and Sarah Dessen too. Really they're all marvelous.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think John Green is on everyone's list! Well, not on mine because I've only read one of his books. BUT, I absolutely loved THE FAULT IN OUR STARS, so I'm definitely a Green fan-in-training.

    Glad to have found you via TTT!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Everyone loves John Green. Because he's the most wonderful :)

      So glad you found me too!

      Delete
  10. First though: I need some Dessen, Stiefvater, Forman and Mafi in my life and soon. Second thought: That's a lot of unread books I got to read. Third thought: I will so freak out for a YA JK Rowling book. Eeep!

    Here's my Top Ten Tuesday post!

    Sana @ artsy musings of a bibliophile

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YOU REALLY DO NEED ALL FOUR OF THOSE AUTHORS IN YOUR LIFE. >.<

      Delete
  11. Love Gayle Forman. Great list.
    New follower.
    MY TTT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by AND for the follow Monica!! :)

      Delete
  12. Tamora Pierce, high-five! And I'm excited to see Markus Zusak on your list, because I actually STOPPED after The Book Thief. I was afraid none of his other books would be able to measure up.

    And awww, David Tennant. Love him.

    My TTT: http://shelversanon.blogspot.com/2013/02/top-10-tuesday-my-top-auto-buy-authors.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. DEFINITELY read other Markus Zusak books. He's so delightful!!!

      Also, you like David Tennant you say? I think we'll be friends :)

      Delete
  13. I totally agree with Maggie Stiefvater and Gayle "heartbreaker" Foreman but I'd have to add Casssandra Claire and Abbi Glines.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, y'know, to each their own ;)

      I still like you even though our lists are different! <3

      Delete
  14. We have so many of the same authors on our lists! *high five* Tamora Pierce, Sarah Dessen, Rick Riordan, Maggie Stiefvater and JK Rowling are DEFINITELY on my auto-buy list at this point.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love when my friends lists look like my lists!!! =D

      Delete

Hey there! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog. I would love to hear your thoughts, so please leave a comment. Also, if you have a blog, be sure to leave a link so I can go check it out!