July 17, 2013

Waiting On: Forgive Me Leonard Peacock by Matthew Quick (28)


Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly feature hosted by Breaking the Spine

Title: Forgive Me, Leonard Peacock
Author: Matthew Quick
Release Date: August 13th, 2013
Publisher: Little, Brown Books For Young Readers
In addition to the P-38, there are four gifts, one for each of my friends. I want to say good-bye to them properly. I want to give them each something to remember me by. To let them know I really cared about them and I'm sorry I couldn't be more than I was—that I couldn't stick around—and that what's going to happen today isn't their fault.

Today is Leonard Peacock's birthday. It is also the day he hides a gun in his backpack. Because today is the day he will kill his former best friend, and then himself, with his grandfather's P-38 pistol.

But first he must say good-bye to the four people who matter most to him: his Humphrey Bogart-obsessed next-door neighbor, Walt; his classmate Baback, a violin virtuoso; Lauren, the Christian homeschooler he has a crush on; and Herr Silverman, who teaches the high school's class on the Holocaust. Speaking to each in turn, Leonard slowly reveals his secrets as the hours tick by and the moment of truth approaches.

In this riveting book, acclaimed author Matthew Quick unflinchingly examines the impossible choices that must be made—and the light in us all that never goes out.

[Summary Source: Goodreads]
I am a lover of different, awesome sounding books. This is one of those different, awesome sounding books. Someone please put said different, awesome sounding book in my hands ASAP. 


Have YOU heard of this one? Is it different and awesome sounding to you too? Let me know in the comments below!

7 comments:

  1. Awesome choice! I actually haven't seen this one before but it sounds pretty good. :b Thanks for bringing it to my attention! I love the cover. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that sounds really good. I haven't heard of it, but I'm definitely checking it out!

    Here's my WoW

    Jess @ Such A Novel Idea

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds really intriguing - such an interesting cast of characters. I might have to check it out, thanks!

    Caroline @ two girls, one suitcase

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool pick. Thanks for sharing :)

    new follower via blog & twitter

    http://www.itchingforbooks.com/2013/07/waiting-on-wednesday-56-landry-park.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. I got this from the publisher and you are welcome to borrow if you want! It does sound really cool :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. How are you liking FIRE? I'm about 80% done. Can't say a single word against Cashore's writing...she's fabulous...but I don't love novels that keep reminding me of the existence of menstrual cycles. If I'm lost in a fantasy world, I'd kind of like to forget they exist. Makes me think of Robin McKinley's DEERSKIN. Good bit of bleeding in that one, too. :)

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog. I would love to hear your thoughts, so please leave a comment. Also, if you have a blog, be sure to leave a link so I can go check it out!