July 28, 2013

Veronica Mars Watch-Along Week 16

[Graphic designed by the lovely Judith of Paper Riot]
So, how does this work, super sleuths? Go check out the Watch-Along kick off post for the skinny. I'll give you a second just in case...

All caught up? Good.

In case you already know the basics and just forgot what episodes are up today, here's the list:
  • "Nobody Puts Baby in a Corner"
  • "Ahoy Mateys"
And for NEXT WEEK:
  • "My Mother, the Fiend"
  • "One Angry Veronica"

But you guys aren't here for the technical stuff...

THE NOIR
We've not made any radical bus crash advances in these two episodes, although there is a bus crash related mystery in the second episode. But I'm gonna start with the first episode.

Meg is still in a coma, but she's still somehow creating all kind of trouble. In the first episode this week, Duncan opens up Megs computer and finds out about an abused child Meg babysits. Who turns out to be her little sister. Which makes me wonder if Meg and Lizzie were also abused. Which terrifies me. I think the only thing about this whole episode that didn't terrify me was Lamb. But I have to know: was everyone in Neptune abused as a child? Logan, Lamb, Grace, Cassidy suffers from some emotional abuse... I dunno. One major character per series is enough. But I really did like the scene where Lamb lets Veronica and Duncan go, so I'll let it slide.

The second episode goes back to the bus crash. This is where we learn a little bit more about one of the kids who died in the accident - Marcos Oliveras. Which points to another abused Neptune High student.


Also, that whole thing with Duncan dreaming about Meg is MESSED UP. I don't know what that envelope at the end of the second episode, but I think it's gonna blow all of our minds also.

PARENTAL PROBLEMS
Let's add Dick and Cassidy's mom to the list of parents who need to get their priorities in order. Seriously. Woman pops in and pops out. She doesn't give a damn about her sons and just signs on the dotted line so she can get out of there. You wonder why Dick's an arrogant ass and Cassidy is totally lost but then you realize it's all about the parents.


And, of course, MEG'S PARENTS ARE PSYCHOS. I thought they were crazy before when they wouldn't let Veronica and Duncan in to see Meg, but now they're officially crazy. I've never routed for Lamb before, but I'm totally hoping he proved competent and catches them in the act.

LOGAN'S LIFE
If you've been paying attention, you'll know that Logan's life is probably the most messed up out of everyone in this series. I know, we're all here because of what happened to VERONICA but, hi, mother who committed suicide, father who murdered his girlfriend, tried to murder his other girlfriend and also abuses him, no house, an absentee step-sister, accused of murder and like a million other terrible things. I don't think this boy knows what love is, especially since neither series girlfriend he's had in this series has actually ever told the boy they love him.


So. Sorry, Veronica. You've lost on the "my life is the worst" front.

OH. AND THAT SCENE WHERE WEEVIL HAS LOGAN KIDNAPPED. Here is my live reaction (since I know you all enjoy these so much):

OH SHIT LOGAN IS IN TROUBLE. OH SHIT OH SHIT OH SHIT LOGAN. LOGAN ARE YOU OKAY? WHO IS THIS WHO HAS KIDNAPPED YOU? WHAT IS ABOUT TO HAPPEN TO YOU? WHY ARE THEY PLAYING RUSSIAN ROULETTE WITH YOUR HAND?! WHAT. WHAT. LEAVE MY BOY ALONE. PLEASE. WHAT IS HAPPENING THIS IS INSANE. MY POOR BABY LEAVE HIM ALONE.



I get really emotional sometimes.

BRING ON THE SNARK
Logan: "So, anything new on Nip, Schmuck."

I just like when Logan uses Yiddish words. Especially in pun form. It makes me happy.

Logan: "Help me Mars Wan Kenobi, you're my only hope."

More puns. It's like he knows I love them.

Veroncia: "I'm feeling the calculating stare but where is the villainous hand wringing and maniacal laugh?"
Weevil: "Y'know, you should be nicer to me."
Veronica: "Or you'll huff and puff and burn my house down?"

How appropriate, V, how appropriate.

THE BOYS
I just can't get enough.

  • Duncan: This boy has some serious issues he must sort out immediately because I just can't take anymore of him. And also: DID HE CHEAT ON VERONICA WITH KENDALL? DID HE? I love how Logan kind of put that out there but didn't. Subtle and lovely, my dear, subtle and lovely.
  • Logan: I think I already covered this one. But I hope he kills Weevil. That whole beat down was entirely terrifying and completely unnecessary. Oh, also, VERONICA WOULD YOU PLEASE JUST BELIEVE AND HELP THIS BOY FOR ONCE IN YOUR LIFE WITHOUT GIVING HIM CRAP? Yeah, he lies about the facts he thinks will hurt him (or you, Veronica, for the record) but he's never done anything but care about you, Veronica. Which is evident from the way he saved you from the Fitzpatrick's trying to kill you. BUT INSTEAD OF THANKING HIM YOU FREAK OUT AT HIM AND UGH. Veronica, you suck. 
  • Weevil: Boy is losing control of his gang. Which sucks, but please. Stop blaming Logan for your own problems.
  • Wallace: COME BACK WALLYBEAR. COME BACK (Although I will say I'm enjoying my time sans Jackie).
  • Dick + Cassidy: Complete disaster waiting to happen. But I enjoy.

MAC
I'm wrapping it up with Mac because I'm really excited about her position in this show. The Q to Veronica's Bond? Does this mean she's going to be in more episodes? I don't know, but she has a title and it makes me excited!


Okay. So that's it for this week (I say as if I haven't freaked out 100 times in the post). Talk to me about how much you want to kill Duncan, punch Weevil and hug Logan in the comments below.

**ONE LAST REMINDER**
NEXT WEEK:
  • "My Mother, the Fiend"
  • "One Angry Veronica"

2 comments:

  1. CAN WE JUST TAKE A MOMENT AND CRY ABOUT NOBODY PUTS BABY IN A CORNER. GOD, that episode made me sob like a baby. Those poor kids <3 My heart is breaking again just thinking about them. Wahhhhh.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog. I would love to hear your thoughts, so please leave a comment. Also, if you have a blog, be sure to leave a link so I can go check it out!