July 21, 2013

Veronica Mars Watch-Along Week 15

[Graphic designed by the lovely Judith of Paper Riot]
So, how does this work, super sleuths? Go check out the Watch-Along kick off post for the skinny. I'll give you a second just in case...

All caught up? Good.

In case you already know the basics and just forgot what episodes are up today, here's the list:
  • "Blast From The Past"
  • "Rat Saw God"
And for NEXT WEEK:
  • "Nobody Puts Baby in a Corner"
  • "Ahoy Mateys"

And now, onto the good stuff.

THE NOIR
In the first episode, the big mystery is "who stole Jackie's credit card." Considering how much of a giant biatch Jackie is, I don't really care for this. But Wally loves Jackie, so, I guess V's doing him a solid. But then the way the episode devolves with the psychic and Jackie being and even bigger biatch and Wally being all "BE MY FRIEND, DAMMIT, VERONICA" I almost can't handle it. 


Oh, and the whole plot line with Wallace and his real dad? Holy parental problems, Batman. But we'll get to that in the PARENTAL PROBLEMS section of this post. 

In the second episode, Abel Koontz comes back, asking Veronica to find his daughter. Who's actually DEAD. Whatever. That's upsetting. But V, learning a little humanity, doesn't tell Abel. Instead she lets him die thinking Amelia's doing great. Applause for you, small blonde one. Applause. 


As for the bus crash deal, Veronica gets her hands on a voicemail that was left just as the bus was crashing. Which is pretty nuts. She, wisely, gives the recording to Keith and Keith hands it off to Sheriff Lamb - even though he shouldn't, because Lamb slandered Keith and they're mid-election. But anyway, Lamb fishes the bus out of the ocean and then refuses to tell Keith anything. In typical Mars fashion, Keith sneaks into the evidence shed where they've stored the bus they fished out of the ocean - only to find a dead rat stuck to the bottom of one of the back seats. Is that the smell Dick was complaining about in episode one? I DON'T KNOW BUT I ASSUME SO.


PARENTAL PROBLEMS
Okay, as usual, Keith and Veronica have PROBLEMS. Veronica didn't tell Keith about the dead guy washing up on the beach with her name on his hand, which obviously came up again this week (seriously, V, get your act together). But this isn't my major point this episode. My parental problem issue this week comes from Wallace and Alicia. 

SURPRISED? I know I am.
Alicia kept this HUGE SECRET from Wallace and then tries to justify it. I really FEEL for Wallybear. While Veronica does have a good point: that the parent who stays is the good guy - it's a little too black and white for the Wallace. I honestly don't blame him for running. And honestly? I'd like to see how Alicia makes this up to Wallace. This parent-child pair isn't as used to the strain the Keith-Veronica relationship is used to.

Anyway, I wish Alicia and Wallace luck. Lots o' luck.

Definitely my new favorite gif.
THE BROMANCE
I don't get boys. Dick and Logan make up like it's nothing after Logan slept with Dick's stepmom. Then Logan and Duncan play video games to mend fences and, by the end of this week's second episode, Logan's living with Duncan. This makes no sense to me. 


LOGAN'S LIFE
It's a freaking mess. The whole thing. The thing in the jail cell with his papa? And the house burning down? Getting accused of murder again? And maybe I'm confused and feeling too lazy to go back to the first episode, but wasn't Logan already acquitted? Aren't we up to Double Jeopardy here? I'm not sure I understand, but whatever. I'll let it go because destitute Logan is surprisingly adorable.

BRING ON THE SNARK
Teacher: "As you know, Homecoming Season is upon us."
Veronica: "Much like the plague."

This is kind of how I felt about everything high school related when I was in high school. So. I get it. 

Veronica: "You're here for your looks. Why don't you leave the heavy thinking to me, sugarpants? Now go make yourself pretty."

I don't like Veronica and Duncan together like, at all, but I freaking loved this one line. 

Logan: "Best thing about two days in jail? Two days worth of Ellen on the TiVo. That's sweet viewing."

Veronica: "Wow. Where'd you learn that interrogation technique?"
Wiedman: "Harvard. That's a pretty convincing hysterical routine you got. Where'd you learn that?"
Veronica: "Watching cheerleading tryout results."

It's hilarious when Veronica and Wiedman pair up. It also happens to be freaking awesome. 

Logan: "It's the sweater, isn't it? Chicks can't resist argyle."
Veronica: "Please let go of me."
Logan: "Ever the tease."

Sometimes, when your ex-boyfriend moves in with your current boyfriend because his house burnt down and now has nothing, hilarious shenanigans ensue.

THE BOYS
Real quick now...
  • Wallace: I MISS YOU WALLYBEAR. I'm sorry Jackie's the freaking worst.
  • Logan: I AM SORRY, LOGAN MY LOVE. 
  • Duncan: Ah. Now I understand. You're just the pretty face who does Veronica favors. 
  • Weevil: WHY. WHY BURN DOWN LOGAN'S HOUSE? YOU'RE NOT EVEN THINKING ANYMORE. 
  • Dick: You hilarious, stupid boy, you.
Okay kids. That's all for now. More on ALL OF THE CRAZY next week, I'm sure! Let me know how you feel about all of the shenanigans - ESPECIALLY the Wallace shenanigans - in the comments below! 

**ONE LAST REMINDER**
NEXT WEEK:

  • "Nobody Puts Baby in a Corner"
  • "Ahoy Mateys"

1 comment:

  1. I love your Veronica Mars Watch-Along posts! There are still a few episodes that I haven't seen, because WAHHH, it's not on Netflix. So it's fun to read your recaps to see what I've missed! I <3 Logan forever. Haha

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog. I would love to hear your thoughts, so please leave a comment. Also, if you have a blog, be sure to leave a link so I can go check it out!