June 5, 2013

Waiting On: The Distance Between Us by Kasie West (25)

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly feature hosted by Breaking the Spine

Title: The Distance Between Us
Author: Kasie West
Release Date: July 2nd, 2013
Publisher: HarperTeen
Seventeen-year-old Caymen Meyers studies the rich like her own personal science experiment, and after years of observation she’s pretty sure they’re only good for one thing—spending money on useless stuff, like the porcelain dolls in her mother’s shop.

So when Xander Spence walks into the store to pick up a doll for his grandmother, it only takes one glance for Caymen to figure out he’s oozing rich. Despite his charming ways and that he’s one of the first people who actually gets her, she’s smart enough to know his interest won’t last. Because if there’s one thing she’s learned from her mother’s warnings, it’s that the rich have a short attention span. But Xander keeps coming around, despite her best efforts to scare him off. And much to her dismay, she's beginning to enjoy his company.

She knows her mom can’t find out—she wouldn’t approve. She’d much rather Caymen hang out with the local rocker who hasn’t been raised by money. But just when Xander’s attention and loyalty are about to convince Caymen that being rich isn’t a character flaw, she finds out that money is a much bigger part of their relationship than she’d ever realized. And that Xander’s not the only one she should’ve been worried about.

[Summary Source: Goodreads]
 This sounds like your typical rich meets poor story but those last paragraph over there does A WHOLE LOT to make me interested. So does the cover. LOOK AT THAT COVER. I really like how the title of the book is The Distance Between Us and the two characters are standing so close together and holding hands on the cover. very telling, story. Very telling.


Have you guys heard of this one? Better yet, have you read PIVOT POINT, the Kasie West book that came out earlier this year? I haven't, but I hear GREAT THINGS about it, which gets me all excited to read both books! Let me know what you think in the comments below!

15 comments:

  1. Yes! I revealed this cover a few months ago - I'm excited to read it as well. Great pick, Gaby!

    Stop by my WoW

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never heard of this book, but it sounds so good! I'm definitely checking it out. :)

    My WOW: http://skizzles22hu.blogspot.com/2013/06/waiting-on-wednesday-1.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't read Pivot Point but it is already on my TBR, I cannot wait to read it as soon as it comes out in my country. This one sounds really great, too! Thanks for sharing :)

    Greetings

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds so good - definitely agree with you on that last paragraph! Great pick!

    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the sound of this book :) I have not yet read Pivot Point.

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good choice! I have this on my tbr list too....can't wait to find out what the twist is

    Here's my WoW

    ReplyDelete
  7. This one looks great! And we love the cover!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't wait for this book to come out. I saw this a few months ago and was like- I gotta have it! Awesome pick! :)

    Here's my WOW- http://www.bookythoughtsandme.com/waiting-on-wednesday-linked/

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope you get your pick soon.

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2013/06/waiting-on-wednesday.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. Omggg so excited for this one! I loved Pivot Point but especially the romance part so a contemp from Kasie West? I'm totally pumped!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my gosh, I seriously cannot wait to get my hands on The Distance Between Us. And I agree, the cover is AMAZING! Also, I want her dress and shoes . . . and to look as good in them as she does :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I cannot freaking wait to get my hands on this book. It sounds so cute and that cover is so charming. Come on, July!! Great pick!
    Natflix&Books' WoW

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ah! I've been dying to read this! I love the cover too, it's so cute & romantic!
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  14. This one looks really good ... and I love, love, love the cover! The colours, the font -- it's all so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog. I would love to hear your thoughts, so please leave a comment. Also, if you have a blog, be sure to leave a link so I can go check it out!