|Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by The Broke and the Bookish|
1. I resolve to read at least 100 books
I've signed up for the Goodreads Challenge this year and I'm very much intimidated, but I'm pretty sure I can do it!
2. I resolve to clean up my Goodreads
When I started with Goodreads this past summer, I wasn't so invested. My library website keeps track of almost all of the books on my TBR list so I didn't really care to put a lot of time into a whole different website. However, now that I've gotten into blogging, I realize how great it would be if my Goodreads was actually organized and functional. So I WILL make this happen.
3. I resolve to listen to more audiobooks
The wonderful Jamie over at The Perpetual Page Turner wrote a post about exercising and audiobooks. Since I really need to workout more, I figure I should make a similar workout-audiobook deal with myself. Therefore, I have decided to put audiobooks on this list.
4. I resolve to read more eBooks
Honesty time over here: I've never really read a whole eBook all the way through. What can I say? I like the feel of a book in my hands. Anyway, I'm going abroad for 4 months or so and I don't want to waste all my suitcase space on books, so I'm going to have to start using my iPad for reading. It shouldn't be too difficult - my iPad's ready and I can "take out" eBooks from my library website. It's just not something I'm used to.
5. I resolve to get through my TBR pile
There are SO MANY books on my shelves I haven't read yet. I really need to stop buying new ones and get through the ones I already have. But it's so hard because all the pretty books are SO tempting.
6. I resolve to make more time for reading
This is another way of staying: "Stop watching so much TV." If I stopped re-watching TV series (Buffy, Dawson, Veronica Mars, Gilmore Girls...) I would have so very much more time for my monstrous reading pile.
7. I resolve to get involved with a book club
I'm going to have to do some research on this one, but I really want to find a group of people to gush about my favorite books with.
8. I resolve to read more non-YA books
Since I started blogging a month and a half ago, I haven't really read anything that's not YA. This isn't such a bad thing, considering YA's my favesies and, even before I started blogging, 80% of all the books I read were YA. But I don't want to forget about the other 20% just because I don't intend on putting my thoughts about the book on my blog.
9. I resolve to go through my books and donate those I no longer love
I have SO VERY MANY BOOKS stacked up in my room. It'd be great to do a little house cleaning. Depending on what I decide to get rid of, I'll either donate or maybe host some kind of giveaway. I've never done one of those before, so it could be fun.
10. I resolve to plan out things on my blog better
This whole posting whenever I feel like it isn't working out so well. It's not that I'm overwhelmed or anything, I'm just feeling a little disorganized, which is not something I like. I've started sketching things out a little, week by week, but I hope to get to a point where I have posts schedules weeks, or even months, in advance.
Well, that's my ambitious little list. I really hope I can keep to all of them. What's your list look like? Comment below and let me know!