August 1, 2013

Bout of Books 8.0: Goals

GUYS. It is time for yet another Bout of Books. Clearly I'll be participating. So let's get these goals going.

The Bout of Books read-a-thon is organized by Amanda @ On a Book Bender and Kelly @ Reading the Paranormal. It is a week long read-a-thon that begins 12:01am Monday, August 19th and runs through Sunday, August 25th in whatever time zone you are in. Bout of Books is low-pressure, and the only reading competition is between you and your usual number of books read in a week. There are challenges, giveaways, and a grand prize, but all of these are completely optional. For all Bout of Books 8.0 information and updates, be sure to visit the Bout of Books blog. - From the Bout of Books team

TIME DEVOTED TO READING

I'm pretty sure I can work in 3 hours of reading a day. Probably 4. But I'll formally devote 3 hours a day to reading, just in case I get reading lazy (it happens every now and again).

MY GOALS
As of right now I have nothing to do with my days except apply to jobs and sleep. So I think I'll put a lot of time into Bout of Books this time around. Unless my funemployment turns into employment in the next three weeks. I may have to alter my Bout of Books plans if I become employed, but I'll deal with that hurdle if we ever get there.
  • Read at least 5 books from the list below.
  • Participate in at least 1 Twitter chat.
  • Meet some new bloggers and make awesome new friends.
  • Participate in at least 2 challenges.

BOOKS TO CHOOSE FROM


1. Unearthly by Cynthia Hand
2. The Burning Sky by Sherry Thomas
3. Tumble & Fall by Alexandra Coutts
4. This Song Will Save Your Life by Leila Sales
5. Monument 14 by Emmy Laybourne
6. Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins
7. From What I Remember... by Stacie Kramer & Valerie Thomas
8. Pivot Point by Kasie West

It's safe to say I'm REALLY FREAKING EXCITED for all 8 of these books. I've included 3 BEA books that come out in September (The Burning Sky, Tumble & Fall and This Song Will Save Your Life) in hopes that I'll read them and get my reviews up in time for their release dates (I'm pretty sure they all come out September 17th). And the rest I've just been meaning to read forever but I've been all kinds of distracted and I'm hoping Bout of Books will get my butt in gear. Although, I might read Anna and the French Kiss before Bout of Books begins... Whoops. If I do I'll replace Anna with Lola. That's fair, right?

What are YOUR goals for Bout of Books 8.0? What do you plan to read? Most importantly: ARE YOU READY FOR THE TWITTER CHATS? I know I am. So join me and let's be friends.

11 comments:

  1. Yes to Anna!! Seriously, I freaking love that book, so I hope you do as well. :) The rest of your pile are all books that I'm really, really looking forward to reading, especially This Song Will Save Your Life and Pivot Point, so I hope you enjoy your reading. Five books is a great goal...I always seem to get stuck on three books, but maybe this time around I'll make it to four!

    Hopefully I'll see you at a twitter chat! Happy reading, and good luck with your goals. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Hollie: read Anna! It's such a great book and I read it in one sitting! I would love to participate in this book class begins on the 20th so i won't have any time, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey,
    Love your goals. My goals this year include reaching out to meet bloggers too. I don't have T.V. but other things get in the way of reading, so I like your three hour commitment to reading. I spend too much time on the Internet. I need to set a solid reading goal and set a solid reading limit on the Internet.

    Cynthia @ The Things You Can Read
    http://thethingsyoucanread.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh, Tumble & Fall was good! A little different, but good nonetheless! I really hope you enjoy. And Anna... well, it's a fave of mine! Good luck! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It makes me absurdly happy that I've read all of the books you've included except two (Pivot Point and Monument 14). I liked all of them, by the way -- particularly The Burning Sky, Anna and the French Kiss, Unearthly and This Song Will Save Your Life. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OOH, YES. Unearthly! I read it during my very first Bout of Books. ♥

    ANNA AND THE FRENCH KISS. Obviously a fabulous choice.

    I just read This Song Will Save Your Life and loved it!

    The Burning Sky ALMOST made it onto my list. But I have a little while to read it, and ebooks screw up my page count, LOL. But I am so reading it the second Bout of Books is over.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You do have a great collection of books here. Even though From What I Remember is a thick book, I think I read it in a day. It was really funny and I couldn't put it down.

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've only read one book on your list (Unearthly)! But I want to read most of the rest. I can't wait to see how much you love them so I end up all jealous about not having read them yet. :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. I LOVE Anna and Pivot Point. I hope you do too. I'm really looking forward to This Song Will Save Your Life and Tumble & Fall. This BoB is going to be so fun. skjhvbggj

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yay Anna! I hope you like it and/or Lola. I read Pivot Point recently and liked it a lot, too. I'm excited about The Burning Sky and This Song Will Save Your Life! Good picks!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm sad I missed the Twitter chat today, and don't know if I'll make either of the others. They were crazy overwhelming last time (which was my first Bout of Books) but I was still looking forward to them. Good luck with your goals!

    (My goals post: http://wp.me/p2ZSql-i2)

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog. I would love to hear your thoughts, so please leave a comment. Also, if you have a blog, be sure to leave a link so I can go check it out!