September 9, 2014

Top Ten Underrated Contemporary Books (61)

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by The Broke and the Bookish
This week's Top Ten Tuesday is "Top Ten Underrated Contemporary Books." Or, at least for me it is. The actual topic is "Top Ten Underrated Authors or Books in X Genre." I chose the easy way out on this one: Went through my bookshelves and picked up the books I don't see enough on the interwebs and loved a lot and also happen to all fit in the same genre.

So, if you haven't read a contemporary novel in this stack, you probably should, because I liked them a lot.


A whole bundle of cute that takes place all in one night. I get the fuzzies when I think about it. And then after the fuzzies, I keep thinking about it and get all thoughtful in my thinking and that's really the best kind of contemporary for me. (My Review)

This is one where everything's happening and you're like, "Uh huh, okay, yes I see - WAIT WHAT NO STOP THAT WHY MY LIFE." And I like to see that in my contemporaries every now and again. (My Review)

I like this one in the same way I like BRIGHT BEFORE SUNRISE. Fuzzies then thoughtful. (My Review) 

This was just a thoughtful contemporary. Introspective, literary, sad... all-over fantastic, really.

This was the fuzzies and thoughtful plus loves of cute and snark and fantastic. The sequel, GOING ROGUE, is even better. An excellent twofer. (My Review)

This book is of the sad, thoughtful variety. Not to mention, I can't say I'm the biggest Romeo and Juliet fan but this take, from Rosaline's perspective, really works for me.

I ADORE Morgan Matson's newest novel. This one's kind of got everything. Plus a lot of ice cream. And playlists. Gosh, Morgan Matson knows how to write. 

Oof. This book. The introspection, the religion, the life commentary. I feel like everyone should know how much I love this book. (My Review)

My love for this book started with the cover and continued all the way through. My heart was in my throat throughout. I knew, no matter what happened, this book couldn't end well and my heart just broke as everything in it happened. (My Review)

I think this one isn't so underrated, but I can't help myself. This book is everything the books above are, except maybe cute. It's not so cute. And maybe not super snarky. But every single other thing. Note: The beginning is slow but let it be slow, love it, and let it love you. (My Review)

Have you read these? Are you going to read these if you haven't? You should read these. Tell me you've read them in the comments below, okay?