March 5, 2014

Epic Recs: March

Feature created by Amber and Judith, Graphic created by Judith
So last month I made Lisa read WHERE SHE WENT by Gayle Forman (CLICK HERE to read her review) and Lisa made me read INSIGNIA by S.J. Kincaid (CLICK HERE to read my review). As it happens, we're geniuses who share a book brain and know just what to recommend each other. Or, at least we've proven this with two months of excellent recommendations. Let's see if we can't keep this up for another month, hmmm?


I recommended ALSO KNOWN AS by Robin Benway. Mostly because I love it so, so, so much and I hope Lisa enjoys the lovely romp that is that book as much as I do. But for the full reason, you should probably mosey on over to Lisa's blog, because that's where you can find that explanation. 

As for Lisa's reasoning for recommending AMY & ROGER'S EPIC DETOUR by Morgan Matson for me...

"It was hard for me to choose because I REALLY wanted to recommend another heavy world builder and then I thought NO. For goodness sake, Lisa. The girl wants a yum romance made of pure awesome. This one totally has both of those things!

AMY AND ROGER has all the angst with the slow burn, sexual tension, wonderfulness in a contemporary. Bad Things happened to Amy, so she's hurting and needs to find herself and believe in herself and so it has that whole empowerment thing going on which I adore. Also, ROAD TRIP. So fun. There's also a lot of food talk which is awesome. And PLAYLISTS. Oh friend."


You guys should have seen my face when Lisa told me what she picked for me this month. I am so excited I can't even tell you. Which I guess is an indication that this Epic Reca partnership is THE BEST and should last forever. 

I obviously know I should've read AMY AND ROGER a million years ago, so I don't even need you all to tell me to be excited about this one. But you're more than welcome to insert your exclamation points of glee in the comments below.