January 11, 2014

Winter Blogging Break

As some of you may have noticed, I haven't been posting so much this past week. 

It's not because I don't love each and every single one of my readers, I really do. My life's just kind of gotten in the way of my blogging (as it should, every now and again, I think) and I don't want my content to be subpar just for the sake of posting something. 

So here's what I'm gonna do: I'm gonna take a brief Winter Blogging Break. Like back when I was in school and I'd get a week and a half (boo high school) to a month (woohoo college) off. 

Except the rules are different for this Winter Blogging Break. Here's how:
  • I still going to be doing a lot of reading.
  • I'm going to catch up on all of the blog posts. And hopefully schedule them so I'm not so behind anymore. (So, y'know, I'm still working on the blog and all that, you just won't see it so much.)
  • I'm still going to post reviews for books that come out in January and February. I've already read Into the Still Blue, Something Real and Lady Thief and my reviews for all those need to go up before publication date.
  • If something awesome comes up - like a killer Top Ten Tuesday or some other survey, I'm gonna post. Because I wanna.
  • Epic Recs is still happening. I love this feature and my partner, Lisa, very much, so, yeah.
  • Finally, I'll probably be taking the time to visit some of my favorite blogs and catch up on the posts I've missed/forgot to comment on.

I predict this hiatus will last until after ALA Mid-Winter. I'm going down to Philly and I'm gonna have an awesome time and when I come back the first thing I'll do is share my haul with all of you. So that's how you'll know I'm back to posting way more frequently than I will be over the next few weeks. Hurray!


So if you have any questions about any of this, please ask away in the comments below. Furthermore, if you feel like you need a Winter Blogging Break, please be sure to take one. Remember, your life should get in the way of your blogging.