November 30, 2012

My Very First Post

HELLO WORLD. IT IS I. QUEEN ELLA BEE.

Dear God in HEAVEN it took me a really long time to set this whole thing up. An embarrassingly really long time. BUT I'M HERE NOW. And that's clearly what matters.

So. What's all of this about, you might ask? Why did I spend the last four hours of my life trying to figure out if I liked Blogger or Wordpress better and then how to configure Blogger EXACTLY how my OCD requires?

Well, simply put, I read a lot. I'm a really big, hungry book worm and I'll read pretty much any Young Adult novel I can get my hands on. I also have a lot of opinions about these books. My friends don't always have the time, energy, or interest necessary to listen to me go on and on about my favorite (or least favorite) book of the moment, so I have created an internet outlet that must listen to me whenever I decide to write in this here little text box and hit publish.

Now, I know there are a lot of very lovely people out there who already do this (Where do you think I got the idea from?). I'm not totally sure how mine's going to be different yet, but the next time someone asks me what my hobbies are, I can say I review books on the internet. They might even think I'm a professional or something. Until they find this and realize I'm just some chick with a computer and a Blogger account who reads what some might call "age-inappropriate" books (but I don't really want to talk to people who think it's weird that a 23 year old reads Young Adult novels anyway, so that's fine).

Anyway, worries about the success of my endeavor aside, I'm going to have FUN.

I sure hope you guys, whoever you are and wherever you may be, are having FUN too.

8 comments:

  1. Welcome to the book blogging world! And don't ever let anyone give you grief for reading YA. YA ROCKS! I'm in my early 30s and I read a little of everything, but YA has a special place in my heart and it's what I'm drawn to again and again.

    Don't worry too much about trying to be unique or different with your blog. Though that's always a good thing, do what comes naturally for you, and most importantly what YOU want to do. It can be anything your want, it is your slice of the internet. Book bloggers aren't paid, there's no obligation to anyone to be anything other than yourself. That alone will draw in a following.

    Happy reading and blogging! - Jen @ A Book and a Latte

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the advice, Jen!! I can't wait to really get started. :)

      Delete
  2. Congratulations on joining this AMAZING book blogging world! There's so many possibilities open to you now, but I think the best part is to be able to feel a sense of community with other people who share your taste in books.

    Speaking of, I'm also 23yo who also reads YA. How cool is that? We're going to get along splendidly already! I think YA is a great genre because it defies age boundaries - it's not only for actual young adults, but for the older generations (like us!).

    Happy blogging! I hope you have a lot of fun. I agree with Jen's sound advice - the best thing to do is always be yourself. Find what works for you and run with it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It took me a while, but I finally got here. And I am SO. HAPPY I did. Because it really is so very hard to find people who like YA novels. What's that about? They can read, can't they?

      I'm oh so very excited to be apart of this community. Thanks for the greetings. I can't wait to get to know this place better!

      Delete
  3. Glad I stumbled upon this blog! I've just recently started my own blog as well which features YA reviews, music and random thoughts. It's nice to see another newbie and I'm excited to see how this blog will grow! :)
    -Rebekah @ lyricalswithlove.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are so not alone!! Newbies definitely need to stick together. :)

      Delete
  4. Hello and welcome to the book blogging world, Gaby! *waves* It's huge out here and I'm so glad I found your blog as I've been looking for other 20-somethings book bloggers for sometime now. So I'd love to talk books with you!

    To introduce myself, my name is Sana and I'm 22 years old. I do read a lot of YA but it's not the only genre I read (hint: new adult) or really just any kind of book that interests me enough. But I've been going gaga over YA for the past year and it just never seems enough!

    Happy book blogging! =D

    Sana @ artsy musings of a bibliophile

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Sana!

      Thanks for the warm welcome :)

      I'm so glad you found my blog, so I could go and find your blog in return!

      Happy book blogging to you as well!

      Delete

Hey there! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog. I would love to hear your thoughts, so please leave a comment. Also, if you have a blog, be sure to leave a link so I can go check it out!