April 5, 2014

Epic Recs: April

Feature created by Amber and Judith, Graphic created by Judith
Epic Recs is... well, it's basically one of the best blogging things that has ever happened to me because Lisa and I are bookish soul mates. But it's also a feature that sets you up with another blogger and then the two of you recommend books to each other once a month. And it's run by Amber and Judith.

So after three months of slam dunk recs, do you guys thing Lisa and I can pull of another set of awesome? Let's see what we've got...


I recommended THE RAVEN BOYS by Maggie Stiefvater because WUT LISA HOW HAVE YOU NOT READ THIS BOOK YOU ARE GOING TO LOVE IT SO MUCH I CAN'T WAIT FOR YOU TO READ IT AND FOR YOU TO TEXT ME FEELS. (If you're looking for more eloquent reasoning, you'll have to go check out Lisa's blog because that's how this works.)

And Lisa recommended A MONSTER CALLS by Patrick Ness for me because...

"So Gaby said she wanted to go serious. A loose retelling of something maybe. Something with a hint of magic that's not quite contemporary but not quite fantasy either. Maybe even a little weird. OH YOU GUYS. Does it get any more perfect than A MONSTER CALLS by Patrick Ness? No, it doesn't. Plus Patrick is my FAVORITE EVER and Gaby hasn't read him yet! AT ALL. I know. I'm working on fixing it everyone so calm down. Also Conor's story is a blend of fantasy, heartwrenching contemporary, and crazy awesome illustrations. So definitely serious, definitely weird, and most assuredly beautiful and magical. So there!"

I actually have no idea what A MONSTER CALLS is actually about. I just bought it at a signing once because I'd heard good things. That's what having too many author signings in your city will do to you. 

(Just kidding, there's no such thing as too much or too many when it comes to author events, everyone please come to NYC immediately.)

Here is another book I should have read a long, long time ago. What do you think? Am I going to love it? Did you love it? Let's talk about all of this love in the comments below, okay?